About this job
Location options: Paid relocation
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior
Industry: Information Technology
Company size: 1k–5k people
Company type: Private
scala, kubernetes, apache-spark, apache-kafka, java
The Messaging team at Adevinta owns the software and infrastructure that sends over 5 million messages every day and serves millions of customers worldwide. Up to 16 Marketplaces from the Adevinta group all over the world use our infrastructure and integrate their applications using our SDKs to enable chat in their web sites. Our team is formed by a group of 30 multicultural individuals from different areas such as UX, Product, Data and Tech that work together to develop top-of-the-line software products.
We are currently looking for a really experienced data engineer to join our team of engineers in Barcelona. As a member of the Messaging team, you will join our journey as we discover how to build state of the art data processing solutions for Adevinta, with emphasis on both volume, velocity and privacy. The event data we collect from all Adevinta sites around the world is essential to our business - including feeding marketplaces with low-latency (“realtime”) updates, visitor insights analysis and targeted advertisement. We are solving exciting problems at scale while keeping users privacy and data security in mind.
As part of the global Adevinta organization, you will also have the opportunity to learn from and share knowledge with data scientists and engineers across Adevinta. We encourage a diverse, collaborative and creative work environment, where you will develop and push for the state-of-the-art in big data processing at the same time as building reliable and highly scalable services.
- Ensure the traceability of the data from the origins to the decisional and analytical data structures
- Setup and maintain the data infrastructure
- Work with Data Analyst to understand their need and provide solutions to solve them
- Develop comprehensive data capture, transformation and visualization solutions
- Guarantee data infrastructure in all environments.
- Ensure that quality standards and data governance are being achieved
- Advocate for data governance strategies
- Share knowledge and provide expert advice to Adevinta engineers as to how to best use the data platform tools as well as providing answers to their engineering needs, fostering a mixed development and operations culture
Desired skills & Professional experience:
- A BSc degree in Computer Science (or equivalent job experience)
- Strong analytical / problem solving skills
- Experience with batch and streaming data processing tools (Spark, Kafka, Kafka Streams, Luigi, etc.)
- Experience with “big data” NoSQL databases design and optimization (S3, Hive, Redshift, Cassandra, etc)
- Experience with AWS or any other cloud platform
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- SOLID, TDD
- Understanding of Software Development best practices
- Proven ability and experience developing highly structured computer programs, and interested in learning more.
- Must show initiative, proactively finding, discussing and solving product and software problems
- You love developing good quality software
- Ownership and result oriented person.
- Have a team-player spirit, which benefits the group vs the individual
- Good written, spoken and interpersonal communication skills; technical and business level English is a must
- Experience with any AMQP technologies
- Linux, shell scripting
- K8s experience
- Experience in building and maintaining systems at scale: service discovery, load balancing, secret management, dynamic request routing, circuit breakers and deployment schemes (rolling updates, canary, etc.)
- Experience with modern development tools like Git, Travis, Terraform or equivalent
Últimas ofertas de Software Development
TransPerfect Is More Than Just a Job? Our greatest asset is our people, and nothing is more important to us than ensuring that everyone knows that. Each of our 90+ offices has its own individual identity, and each also has its own unique rewards. In...
Job Description Nombre técnico del perfil Desarrollador/ Arquitecto Front - Tecnología Angular Funciones a realizar Definición, desarrollo y evolución de los componentes principales de la Arquitectura Front , establecimiento de las buenas prácticas de...