Alvarez and Marsal’s dedicated PEPI professionals work with Investors and their portfolio companies to provide independent analysis and end to end services across the investment life cycle that deliver results in every economic cycle.
Through our PEPI practice, Alvarez & Marsal (A&M) offers assistance to private equity owned portfolio companies that are under-performing or with a need of re-organisation and re-positioning. Working directly with company management, A&M's involvement reassures all stakeholders that the company is taking important steps to address its problems and maximise its value.
Purpose Of The Role
Our PEPI business is rapidly growing its European team. To continue our success and to support our ambitious growth plans, we are currently looking for an established & entrepreneurial Associate or Senior Associate to join our Madrid practice.
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to become an integral part of our successful ‘hands-on’ team, working closely with Directors, Senior Directors and Managing Directors & gaining ‘on-the-job’ learning and development.
- Assisting in pitches;
- Interacting effectively with clients;
- Firm understanding of (PE) business in regards to financial & accounting skills;
- Supporting in production of extensive financial modelling and analysis including cash flow models and projection;
- Synthesizing information after research and analysis into high quality client (financial) reports and recommendations;
- Contributing to business development activities;
- Being an active part of the teams supporting private equity firms and their portfolio companies in their pre-acquisition and performance improvement activities.
- A high-grade bachelor’s degree (or equivalent/higher) from an accredited top-tier university in engineering, accounting, business, or a similar discipline;
- Prior experience within a leading strategy/operational Consulting house is highly desirable. If not, we require relevant experience from either within Private Equity, Corporate Finance or Operations;
- Strong problem-solving skills and financial background combined with deep understanding of key business and operational drivers;
- Excellent analytical, financial modelling, writing and presentation-building skills; attention to details and striving to produce zero-defect deliverables;
- Fact-based and analytical approach, solution-focused, action-oriented, determined to make a difference and not afraid to challenge the status-quo; self-starter with entrepreneurial flair;
- Familiarity with the private equity lifecycle;
- Ability to prioritise – especially in highly pressured situations;
- High integrity that is characterised by the ability to deliver messages even when they are difficult to hear;
- Excel modelling skills – structure data within Excel in a way to draw conclusions and support timely decision making with our clients;
- Ability to quickly understand and piece together very vast or very limited amounts of data and to draw certain conclusions/actions from it;
- Fluency (both written and spoken) in both Spanish and English languages;
- Ability to travel at short notice across Iberia and Europe.
- Additional MSc, MBA or other accounting qualifications highly desirable;
- Preference will go to candidates with relevant work experience within Private Equity;
- Varied cross sector background covering different industries (manufacturing, retail, pharma etc);
- Additional European languages are also very desirable (in particular German, French or Dutch).
A&M has defined a culture and values that are perpetuated by the personal qualities of the candidates the firm seeks to recruit. Our employees are action-oriented and are able to work as a team as well as with a high degree of independence when the situation demands it. They are curious, learn quickly and have the capacity to thrive in a fast-paced, challenging and uncertain environment.
Companies, investors and government entities around the world turn to Alvarez & Marsal (A&M) for leadership, action and results. A&M’s leadership is about a bias towards action and the willingness to tell clients what we think is needed. Our restructuring heritage sharpens our ability to act decisively. Clients select us for our deep expertise and ability to create and deliver practical, rather than theoretical, solutions to their unique problems in addition to our objectivity.
Privately held since its founding in 1983, A&M is a leading global professional services firm that provides advisory, business performance improvement and turnaround management services. When conventional approaches are not enough to create transformation and drive change, clients seek our deep expertise and ability to deliver practical solutions to their unique problems.
With over 6 000 people across four continents, we deliver tangible results for corporates, boards, private equity firms, law firms and government agencies facing complex challenges. Our senior leaders, and their teams help companies act decisively, catapult growth and accelerate results. We are experienced operators, world-class consultants, former regulators and industry authorities with a shared commitment to telling clients what’s really needed for turning change into a strategic business asset, managing risk and unlocking value at every stage of growth.
We welcome applications from all people with disabilities including individuals with the official Certificate of Disability equal to or greater than 33% issued by the competent public body. For more information about our accessible workplace, including disability accommodations for the application process and beyond, please contact [email protected]
Diversity & Inclusion
A&M’s entrepreneurial culture celebrates independent thinkers and doers who can positively impact our clients and shape our industry. The collaborative environment and engaging work—guided by A&M’s core values of Integrity, Quality, Objectivity, Fun, Personal Reward, and Inclusive Diversity—are the main reasons our people love working at A&M. Inclusive Diversity means we embrace diversity and we foster inclusiveness. It runs through how we recruit, develop employees, conduct business, support clients, and partner with vendors. It is the A&M way.
It is Alvarez & Marsal’s policy to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per A&M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A&M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
¡No te pierdas nada!
Únete a la comunidad de wijobs y recibe por email las mejores ofertas de empleo
Nunca compartiremos tu email con nadie y no te vamos a enviar spamSuscríbete Ahora