Are you experienced in Construction Cost Engineer looking for a fast paced and cutting-edge environment to work in? The AWS Construction Estimating and Cost Control team is seeking a passionate and motivated construction cost engineer to support a portfolio of Data Center Construction projects located in Europe and may grow to include South Africa and the Middle East.
The ideal candidate is innovative, analytical and knowledgeable in the core systems integral to data center construction, their associated costs and has a pulse on the construction market. You should have a bias toward automation and experience creating and maintaining benchmarks and metrics to support efficient and effective cost controls. You pay attention to detail and solve problems at their root. You have experience working with remote teams and ability to communicate effectively with both construction and non-construction professionals. At Amazon, we leverage unique opportunities presented to us with diverse, creative, team-oriented professionals working on a daily basis to develop data centers that are changing the face of data facilities.
Success as a Construction Cost Engineer is measured by:
· Using tools and templates for bid analysis and cost management
· Engaging and managing third party Quantity Surveyor vendors
· Working seamlessly with multi-disciplinary teams, both internal and external on a global scale
· Communicating cost control goals to all stakeholders effectively
· Identify Value Engineering opportunities in the design and quantify the savings
· Identify project risks and the financial cost impacts associated and communicate to the broader team
· Updating repository for historical data
· Defining and tracking cost performance metrics
· Analyzing and providing timely feedback of Construction vendor proposals using AWS benchmark data
· Creating accurate bid leveling documents
· Providing cost analysis of schedule and design variations
· Validating the final award amount and scope based on contract documents including schedule
· Implementing, maintaining and executing all cost control, change management, progress and performance reporting
· Validating change cost impacts by developing bill of quantities and rates and benchmark data
· Reviewing vendor invoices for accuracy and timeliness
· Supporting the construction team with project close-out and final payments
· Delivering results for multiple projects with competing priorities on a consistent basis
Travel will be required post COVID restrictions.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
· Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Quantity Surveying, Civil, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related field.
· 5 years of experience in construction cost control, with specific knowledge of electrical, mechanical and ASC cost elements.
· Experience with Data Center or other mission critical construction environments
Experience developing and justifying budgets
· Experience communicating estimate strategy to construction and non-construction professionals
· Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to create and maintain documentation
· Experience with estimating software such as CostX, Cubit, Onscreen takeoff, Timberline and Bluebeam
· Ability and willingness to think outside of the box to find creative and innovative solutions to reduce costs with no impact on quality and reliability.
· MS Office Suite power user
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Últimas ofertas de Software Development
. Desde Adecco estamos buscando un/a programador/a para trabajar en una consultoría informática. El rol principal del puesto es la programación y desarrollo de proyectos de IT. Se requiere: - Experiencia en programación y desarrollo (al menos 1 año).
Si te gusta la selección de personal y tienes dotes comerciales ¡ésta es tu oportunidad profesional! El Grupo Adecco continúa creciendo y necesita incorporar un/a Manager IT Software nuestra oficina de Barcelona, en la división de IT. Tendrás como...