This role is a unique opportunity to work in some of the most cutting edge data centers in the world. Amazon data centers are large-scale high-density centers where you will be working on changing the face of Cloud technology in the region.
As a Data Center Technician, you will work as part of the Operations team whose primary responsibility is the maintenance and upkeep of the data center infrastructure. You will be the primary point of contact for both internal customers (for example: Network Engineers, Systems Engineers, Software Developers, Database Engineers, Technical Operations) and external customers (Hardware Vendors, Contractors, Service Providers among others).
The position is full time and shift based, operating on a 24*7 rotation.
You will also be involved in:
· Working to meet SLA’s against assigned trouble tickets via a directed workflow
· Being first line touch point for hardware troubleshooting and technical issues
· Performing regular server hardware repairs(drives, motherboards etc)
· Carrying out routine network, server hardware and OS related repairs
· Working with cross-functional teams on a regular basis to complete routine work
· Engaging with Smart Hands in EU Regional POPs
· Adhering to security and safety best practices in the data center
· Participating in Data Center power & cooling events
· Participating in team meetings for metric analysis and daily/weekly goals achievement
· Identifying and help create documentation for use globally
· Identifying and help create process improvements relevant to the data center environment
· Performing server upgrades, rebuilds, scheduled works as required
· Interacting with third party vendors & contractors
· Contributing to the development of other team members
· 2+ years of technical experience
· Intermediate knowledge of computer hardware systems.
· Able to lift/move up to 20kg equipment on a daily basis with the support of peers and colleagues.
· Work on a 24*7 shift rotation.
Please ensure you apply with your CV or Linkedin Profile in English.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal Basic knowledge of Linux is an advantage.
· Basic knowledge of networking is an advantage.
· Experience with one of the following connection protocols/technologies: SSH, TELNET, IPMI, LILO
· Hands-on hardware experience.
· Ability to work well with others in a team environment, displaying excellent time management skills.
· Ability to take direction from both a directed work system and/or a team lead.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer.
¡No te pierdas nada!
Únete a la comunidad de wijobs y recibe por email las mejores ofertas de empleo
Nunca compartiremos tu email con nadie y no te vamos a enviar spamSuscríbete Ahora