Amazon is looking to hire a Project Lead, with a Network Technician background, to join our growing Infrastructure Delivery team responsible for Edge & PoP (Point of Presence) locations within the EMEA region, including the Middle East and Africa.
In this role you will plan the project, deploy the hardware, configuration and fiber connectivity for new data center builds across the EMEA region. As the Lead, you will work closely with both internal customers and external vendors to facilitate smooth project planning and execution in association with our Technical Program Managers.
What Amazon offer: A fast paced, fun, and exciting work environment. We continue to grow at exponential rates and are looking for individuals that can support our speed to market, enjoy a challenge, and have a desire for professional growth and continuous learning experiences. Amazon’s work environment is unique in every aspect and offers an exceptional opportunity for the right candidate.
Our Team enjoys working autonomously, are detail oriented, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills as well as being competent in all aspects of installation and troubleshooting of networking hardware, software and fiber connectivity.
They work with minimum supervision to assist in the development of innovative ways to automate and scale our data center deployments as we expand. The desire and ability to work in an ambiguous, collaborative environment is essential for success.
One of the best parts of the role is travel within geographical work area is required, up to 70% travel outside traditional work area may be required possibly including international travel.
*Please apply with your CV / LinkedIn Profile in ENGLISH**
· 3-5 years’ experience in TCP/IP and fundamental networking concepts.
· Ability to participate in the migration, basic configuration and rollout of new or upgraded hardware.
· Broad understanding of infrastructure technologies.
· 3-5 years’ experience with cabling troubleshoot, networking, routing and inter connectivity issues, including troubleshooting of network device configuration and low to mid-level application interaction.
· 3-5 years’ experienced knowledge of network cabling, optic types, and test equipment, such as VFL, power meter, and OTDR.
· Ability to manage work and priorities through ticketing and workflow systems.
· Experience with cabling infrastructure best practices and methodologies.
· Ability to travel within geographical work area is required, up to 70% travel outside traditional work area may be required possibly including international travel.
* This position also has a physical component requiring the ability to lift & rack equipment up to 40lbs; it may require working in cramped spaces or in elevated locations while adhering to health & safety guidelines.
* This role involves significant amount of European travel
· AS/BS in Information Systems, Computer Science or Information Assurance, may be coupled with certifications to include CCNA, CCNP or JNCIA; or 3-5+ years of mid-level and/or enterprise experience as a technician or engineer in a highly dynamic environment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Comfortability with medium to large, complex project scopes and ambiguous details within work environment.
· Excellent judgement and analytical skills, ability to prioritize tasks based on fluctuating needs.
· Strong understanding of major Command Line Protocols (Cisco IOS, JunOS, etc.) and common Networking Protocols (BGP, OSPF).
· Significant background in large scale data-center network implementations and support.
· Several years of experience working in virtualized enterprise networking environments.
· Professional experience with IT best practice frameworks (ITIL, LEAN, AGILE) and Operational Excellence concepts or methodologies is a plus.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
¡No te pierdas nada!
Únete a la comunidad de wijobs y recibe por email las mejores ofertas de empleo
Nunca compartiremos tu email con nadie y no te vamos a enviar spamSuscríbete Ahora