Amazon is looking for a results-oriented individual to join the AWS water infrastructure team. In this role, you will provide engineering and due diligence support for AWS’s new and existing projects related to water infrastructure.
You’ll be involved in executing multiple water projects across different geographies, conducting due diligence on water and wastewater infrastructure solutions and a key contact for water utilities.
· Assist in evaluating cost and schedule to deliver water/wastewater connections and the management of engineering consultants and contractors to ensure the timely delivery of new water infrastructure.
· Support AWS operations and engineering teams to operate, optimize and troubleshoot water related issues.
· Develop water-based metrics, review and communicate performance to technical teams, and be a key contact for all issues pertaining to water infrastructure.
As an AWS Water Infrastructure Engineer you’ll be responsible for the following:
· Working with local water utilities and permitting entities to understand and coordinate site water requirements, site inspections and compliance with national, state and local municipal requirements.
· Work with internal engineering, operations, real estate and risk and resiliency teams to manage water and wastewater service delivery at new and existing AWS facilities.
· Supporting external engineering consultants and contracting teams to deliver water and wastewater services offsite to new and existing AWS facilities. This may include the development and implementation of solutions in rural areas that often lack adequate water and wastewater infrastructure.
· Ensuring that all water systems at existing sites are operating effectively and will not adversely impact operations.
· Identifying and develop projects and initiatives related to water infrastructure and supply that enhance resiliency, increase water stewardship and/or reduce expenditure.
· 30 -40% regional travel for site review and conduct engineering evaluations, audits, and site launches.
· Work on concurrent projects in multiple regions.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical/Chemical/Civil Engineering/Economics/Business
· 7+ years’ work experience delivering water infrastructure and engineering solutions for capital-intensive projects across diversified industries.
· Experience reading and interpreting construction drawings and equipment specifications and able to carry design concepts through exploration, development, and into deployment/scalable implementation.
· Strong analytical and commercial skill set to review utility tariffs, water projects and contracts.
· This position is based in Madrid, Spain. Other AWS EMEA locations may be considered.
Fluency in Spanish, strong proficiency in Portuguese
· 7+ years of direct experience with the construction, operation, or maintenance of water infrastructure across different global regions.
· Advanced degree in Civil Engineering/Mechanical/Chemical/Environmental /Economics
· Experience with fast track design/build projects and or multiple significant upgrade projects and ability to work with multiple stakeholders with varied requirements.
· Analytical mindset that can identify gaps in requirements during project development, predict performance, and have the ability to provide recommendations on a short notice and with limited information.
· Business experience in Europe, LATAM and/or Middle East.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
¡No te pierdas nada!
Únete a la comunidad de wijobs y recibe por email las mejores ofertas de empleo
Nunca compartiremos tu email con nadie y no te vamos a enviar spamSuscríbete Ahora