Location: United Kingdom/Luxembourg/Germany/Italy/France/Spain/Czech Republic
Duration: 4 to 6 months (3 to 6 months in the UK)
Start Date: December 2021 onwards
Amazon is a company of builders. A philosophy of ownership carries through everything we do — from the proprietary technologies we create to the new businesses we launch and grow. You’ll find it in every team across our company; from providing Earth’s biggest selection of products to developing ground-breaking software and devices that change entire industries, Amazon embraces invention and progressive thinking. Amazon is continually evolving; it’s a place where motivated employees thrive, and ownership and accountability lead to meaningful results. It’s as simple as this: we pioneer.
With every order made and parcel delivered, customer demand at Amazon is growing. And to meet this demand, and keep our world-class service running smoothly, we're growing our Operations team across Europe. We are seeking savvy, motivated Business Analysis Interns to join our available roles in the following teams: Supply Chain, Network Planning, Inventory Placement, Transportation, Last Mile, Finance, Planning & Analysis (FP&A), or Finance & Controlling.
About this Internship
Amazon is looking for ambitious and enthusiastic candidates to join our unique world as interns. An Amazon EU internship will provide you with an unforgettable experience in a fast-paced, dynamic and international environment; it will boost your resume and will provide a superb introduction to our activities.
Whatever your background, if you love gathering massive amounts of data and finding out the exact trend that can be acted upon to reduce cost and/or improve efficiency, reporting, forecasting and building KPI dashboards that will support an entire business in their decision making process, improving accuracy and automating tools and processes to contribute in making your team extremely reliable and efficient; and if you are motivated by results and driven enough to achieve them, Amazon is a great place to be. Because it is only by coming up with new ideas and challenging the status quo that we can continue to be the most customer-centric company on Earth. We are all about flexibility: we expect you to adapt quickly to all the changes around you, and we encourage you to try new things.
You will put your analytical and technical skills to test and roll up your sleeves to complete a project that will contribute to improve the functionality and level of service that team provides to our customers.
This could include:
· Learning how to partner across multiple teams and geographies
· Developing and executing upon some of the world’s most complex data analyses which will in turn, drive the correct business decisions
· Helping identify process improvement opportunities to build streamlined and scalable solutions
· Partnering with the team to perform deep root cause analyses when facing problems
· Assisting in the development of business cases for new programs and services
· Participating in the development, delivery, maintenance and improvement of performance metrics dashboards
· Becoming part of a team of trusted advisors throughout an entire business unit
We want to hire the world’s brightest minds, and offer them an environment in which they can relentlessly improve the experience for our customers.
· You are currently working towards a 2+ years university degree in Business Analytics, Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Supply Chain, Logistics or similar discipline
· You must have the right to work in the country you are applying for
· Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel (e.g. macros, pivots, lookups, VBA)
· Proficiency in SQL/ETL
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
· Highly analytical, detail-oriented and professional business sense; ability to develop new ideas, creative solutions and demonstrated experience implementing such mechanisms to result
· Results driven, with the ability to innovate and simplify current process and practices
· Ability to work successfully in a fast-moving environment, and to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload even when faced with conflicting priorities
· Any additional technical skills, such as coding (e.g. Python, R, Django), data visualization (e.g. Tableau, QlikView, PowerPivot, MicroStrategy) or operations research can be a bonus
· Familiar with Oracle and/or any AWS products (e.g. Redshift, EMR)
· Previous work experience – a summer job, internship; if it’s an experience in a related field or business, even better
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decision based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' worldwide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
¡No te pierdas nada!
Únete a la comunidad de wijobs y recibe por email las mejores ofertas de empleo
Nunca compartiremos tu email con nadie y no te vamos a enviar spamSuscríbete Ahora