Preferred location is Madrid but open to Luxembourg, London, Munich, Paris or Milan.
Are you passionate about leveraging technology and data at scale to help driving better decision making, streamlining processes or building the next generation of dashboards?
Amazon is seeking a Business Intelligence Engineer to join the EU Retail Finance team. The person in this position will play a key role collaborating with stakeholders across the EU Retail organization on key profitability and productivity initiatives. Help us to drive better decision making leveraging top of the notch technologies!
You will own projects end-to-end, from engaging with customers to production and delivery of a suite of tools used by the organization to make key business decisions. This will involve:
1. Gathering customer requests and agreeing/proposing the best technical solutions to their needs. Innovating on behalf of our customers is highly welcomed.
2. Building the data structure, transformation processes, load jobs in Redshift and data processing and presentation.
3. Automating tasks.
4. Debugging report issues and unblocking workflows.
5. Communicating with other BI teams and customers to provide status updates, etc.
6. Modifying reports via changes to underlying SQL.
7. Fielding report related questions from stakeholders.
8. Documenting tools and processes.
9. Keep up to date on latest BI technologies and AWS products to ensure we deliver the best CX.
Tools used include:
1. SQL (Redshift)
2. ETL tools (internal)
5. Report scheduling tools (internal)
6. Scripting for automation (preferred) (VBA or Pyhon)
The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented and committed to provide insightful and timely information to customers. The candidate should have strong communication skills and ability to prioritize effectively to ensure timelines are met. There is always room to make things better so this candidate should also have the ability to invent and simplify. Lastly, the candidate should have an ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams and an ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
The position represents an exciting opportunity to be a part of a dynamic and high paced environment, supporting a global organization and offers significant opportunities for rapid growth.
· Experience with SQL
· Experience with data visualization using Tableau, Quicksight, or similar tools
· Experience in the data/BI space
· Master’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, or Mathematics
· Experience using very large datasets
· 3+ years prior experience in a BI role with a technology company or financial institution.
CAF (Construcciones y Auxiliar de Ferrocarriles)