The Amazon Transportation Services (ATS) Technology Devops Team in Luxembourg is looking for a Software Support Engineer/DevOps who will act as first level support for all incoming production software application issues dealing with near 100+ different services in Amazon Transportation Technology. This DevOps Engineer will be specializing in application support of WW Amazon transportation systems.
Your solutions will impact our customers directly! This job requires you to constantly hit the ground running and your ability to learn quickly and work on disparate and overlapping tasks will define your success. High Impact production issues often require coordination between multiple Development, Operations and IT Support groups, so you get to experience a breadth of impact with various groups.
Primary responsibilities include troubleshooting, diagnosing and fixing production software issues, developing monitoring solutions, performing software maintenance and configuration, implementing the fix for internally developed code (Perl, Ruby, Java), performing SQL queries, updating, tracking and resolving technical challenges. Responsibilities also include working alongside development on Amazon Corporate and Divisional Software projects, updating/enhancing our current software, automation of support processes and documentation of our systems.
The ideal candidate must be detail oriented, have superior verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational skills, able to juggle multiple tasks at once, able to work independently and can maintain professionalism under pressure. You must be able to identify problems before they happen and implement solutions that detect and prevent outages. You must be able to accurately prioritize projects, make sound judgments, work to improve the customer experience, and get the right things done.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
1. Experience scripting in modern program languages
2. 4+ years of development or technical support experienc
3. Experience in Unix
4. Experience troubleshooting and debugging technical systems
5. BS in Computer Science or a related field.
· Experience working with databases, and distributed computing technologies.
· Experience with Linux
· Debugging and troubleshooting skills, with an enthusiastic attitude to support and resolve customer problems
· Other desired technical skills include Perl, Ruby, Oracle SQL.
· Demonstrates skill and passion for operational excellence.
· Documentation skills
· Proven ability to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of issues
· Experience in a 24/7 production environment is a plus
CAF (Construcciones y Auxiliar de Ferrocarriles)