Amazon is building the most innovative Business-to-Business (B2B) marketplace in the world, and we are recruiting a senior technology leader based out of Madrid to make this vision a reality. Amazon Business is already live in 9 countries, combining the selection, convenience and value customers have come to know and love from Amazon, with new features and unique benefits that address the needs of businesses.
You will lead a group of seasoned engineers, scientists and product managers in multiple locations that will redefine how business customers purchase products for work. In this worldwide role you will work with multiple technology organizations, including those driving our main registration and verification channels as well as Business Prime (a business only subscription with multiple benefits including fast, free and scheduled delivery) and numerous core Amazon Business marketing initiatives and features.
You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define new features and improvements across these products, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product and customer experience.
Some info about this opportunity:
· This is a highly visible role, operating with leaders across both Amazon Business, Consumer Prime, and Consumer Marketing - with stakeholders at all levels, including senior leadership (Director, VP).
· You will establish the overall technical vision for a portfolio of products and services including Business Prime, Customer Acquisition and Marketing Tech.
· You will apply Amazon innovation mechanisms and AWS technologies including native AWS, machine learning, and more at scale.
· You will lead a team that owns tens of services end-to-end with reach across Amazon’s retail infrastructure.
· You will recruit, hire and develop the world's top engineering talent.
· You will serve as a technical and product leader and build high-performance, scalable, and robust systems in a complex, and multi-tiered, distributed environments.
· As one of the most senior leaders in Amazon Business Tech, you will also take place in cross organization activities to grow and shape our Tech Hubs in Madrid, Austin, Hyderabad, and Seattle.
As a Tech Director you will:
· Own development of your products end-to-end ensuring that these products you build work at Amazon scale: 1) Business Prime, 2) Customer Acquisition and Verification, 3) Marketing Tech, 4) Spend Evaluation and Lifecycle Management, and 5) Business Intelligence and Science
· Provide technical direction to engineers, often beyond your own teams
· Establish and execute short and long-term roadmaps for the business
· Launch experimental experiences directly to customers
· Manage multiple development teams focused on creating and integrating complex platforms
· Drive continual improvements to the efficiency and flexibility of the business platform while keeping an extremely high bar customer trust, performance, and availability.
· 10+ years of people management experience, managing both engineers and other managers
· 10+ years of relevant technical experience
· Strong Computer Science fundamentals in system design, web development and backend systems
· Strong analytical skills, including strong ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems
· Experience working across multiple time zones and ability to travel internationally once the world gets back to normal
· Proficient in both written and spoken English
· Master's Degree/PhD in Computer Science or related field
· Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
· Experience coaching senior software engineers as well as new managers
· Ability to influence software engineer best practices within your team
· Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
· Experience working backwards from the customer and delivering innovative, simple solutions
· Spanish language, not required but preferred
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.
Últimas ofertas de Business
¿Quieres liderar la estrategia de posicionamiento y crecimiento de una empresa fabricante de software (sector educación)? Buscamos un/a persona para que se incorpore en el Comité de Dirección de la empresa (EN MADRID O BARCELONA), capaz de desarrollar...
Planificación y gestión de publicaciones en redes sociales, diseño de carteleria y edición de vídeos, actualización de contenidos web y otras tareas de gestión interna. Compromiso, Responsabilidad, Creatividad y con destreza en el desempeño de las...