Looking for a career at the Earth’s most customer-centric company? Interested in disrupting the B2B landscape? Eager to contribute to a business that is growing exponentially?
Amazon Business (AB) represents an incredible opportunity to address a vast new market segment and customer base for Amazon. AB is one of Amazon’s fastest growing businesses in Amazon’s history, available in 9 countries, serving over 5 million customers worldwide and generating over $25B in annual revenue. We are focused on building solutions that solve the unique needs of business customers of all types and sizes from SMB to the biggest companies in the world. Building upon the core customer experiences across Amazon, we are reinventing everything from how we offer our selection, pricing, shopping experience, Prime memberships and unparalleled customer support. AB is disrupting a multi-trillion-dollar industry.
You will lead a group of seasoned engineering leaders, engineers, scientists and technical program managers in multiple locations worldwide that will redefine how business customers purchase products for work. In this role, you will work with multiple technology organizations, including those driving our main registration and verification channels, Business Prime (a business only subscription with multiple benefits including fast, free and scheduled delivery), numerous core Amazon Business marketing initiatives and features and our international expansion efforts.
You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define new features and improvements across these products, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product and customer experience.
Some info about this opportunity:
· This is a highly visible role, operating with leaders across both AB, Consumer Prime, and Consumer Marketing - with stakeholders at all levels, including senior leadership (Director, VP).
· You will establish the overall technical vision for a portfolio of products and services including Business Prime, Customer Acquisition and Marketing Tech.
· You will apply Amazon innovation mechanisms and AWS technologies including native AWS, machine learning, and more at scale.
· You will lead a team that owns tens of services end-to-end with reach across Amazon’s retail infrastructure.
· You will recruit, hire and develop the world's top engineering talent.
· You will serve as a technical leader building high-performance, scalable, and robust systems in a complex, and multi-tiered distributed environment.
· As one of the most senior leaders in AB, you will also take place in cross organization activities to grow and shape our Tech Hubs in Madrid, Austin, Hyderabad, and Seattle with additional locations coming online.
As a Tech Director you will:
· Own development of your products end-to-end ensuring that these products you build work at Amazon scale: 1) Business Prime, 2) Customer Acquisition and Verification, 3) Marketing Tech, 4) Spend Evaluation and Lifecycle Management, and 5) International Expansion
· Provide technical direction to engineers, often beyond your own teams
· Establish and execute short and long-term roadmaps for the business
· Launch experimental experiences directly to customers
· Manage multiple development teams focused on creating and integrating complex platforms
· Drive continual improvements to the efficiency and flexibility of the business platform while keeping an extremely high bar on customer trust, performance, and availability.
· 10+ years of people management experience, managing both engineers and other managers
· 10+ years of relevant technical experience
· Strong Computer Science fundamentals in system design, web development and backend systems
· Experience working across multiple time zones and ability to travel internationally once the world gets back to normal
· Proficient in both written and spoken English
· Master's Degree/PhD in Computer Science or related field
· Strong analytical skills, including strong ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems
· Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
· Experience coaching senior software engineers as well as new managers
· Ability to influence software engineer best practices within your team
· Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
· Experience working backwards from the customer and delivering innovative, simple solutions
· Spanish language, not required but preferred
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.
¡No te pierdas nada!
Únete a la comunidad de wijobs y recibe por email las mejores ofertas de empleo
Nunca compartiremos tu email con nadie y no te vamos a enviar spamSuscríbete Ahora