At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
One focus area of the Amazon Workplace Health & Safety (WHS) mission is to provide tools, resources, and environments that support safe, efficient, and healthy behaviors and encourage employees to proactively manage their health and wellbeing. To support this focus area, Amazon is seeking an experienced Safety Engineer to join the European Safety Engineering team. The individual will play a critical role to ensure high standards of safety are built into systems and processes across new and legacy Fulfillment Centers, Sort Centers and Delivery Stations across Europe.
The successful candidate will validate vendor proposed technical safety solutions and work in partnership with internal engineering and reliability maintenance teams to ensure right first time, legally compliant safety standards for equipment. The role will require detailed technical knowledge of EU machinery safety regulations to meet all EU country requirements. Knowledge of robotics and automated conveyor systems will also be essential to support the procurement and implementation of systems across the EU network. Emphasis will be on technical knowledge and the ability to engage with cross functional teams, transforming this knowledge into sound, compliant processes for the EU network.
Location: Corporate Office Madrid. The role will require frequent travel up to approx. 30% of the time.
You will be supporting a wide range of projects being heavily involved in the EU Capital Approval Review process, including liaison with other critical support functions such as Engineering, Reliability and Maintenance Engineering, Procurement, and New Build/Real Estate teams in order to effectively deliver the required right first time machinery and systems safety standards. This is an important central safety role and will report directly to the Sr. Manager Safety Engineering & Design (Europe).
The extent of your duties will include:
· Define new and update existing technical standards for machinery safety and process controls working closely with EU and North American internal experts.
· Provide functional working links with other critical functional teams including; Engineering, Reliability and Maintenance Engineering, Procurement, New Build Safety and Real Estate teams.
· Support capital procurement processes as well as building design, specification and launch processes to ensure ‘right first time’ safety outcomes.
· Support the delivery of central Health and Safety pro-active objectives.
· Provide expert input to change projects, build outs and development projects and act as a technical machinery expert for the EU Health and Safety team.
· Generate regular technical updates for the EU Safety Engineering team.
· Provide monthly reports on upcoming projects and current in process schemes with clear analytical measures of status and risk.
· Support business change through effective influencing of change management processes within EU operations.
· Support Amazon facilities by performing suitable and sufficient risk assessments of all relevant new machinery and equipment, and where applicable for legacy equipment.
· Support the development of solutions that meet Amazon high standards for safety, risk reduction, customer satisfaction, efficiency, scalable, simplicity, and operational excellence.
· Instruct and train company personnel on safety policies, assisting the teams in incorporating our safety standards at their respective sites.
· Engineering degree.
· Qualified to NEBOSH certificate or equivalent with extensive health and safety management experience.
· Robotics and Material Handling Equipment (MHE) knowledge.
· In-depth understanding in the EU Machine Directive 2006/42/EC and the its relevant harmonized standards.
· Comprehension and practical application of risk assessments.
· Demonstrable record of driving machinery safety standards across and large multi-site business.
· Experience interacting with cross functional teams.
· Credibility and be able to effectively engage and influence other functional leaders and their teams, to build buy-in to EU Health and Safety strategies and change processes.
· Used to operating at all levels of the organization from warehouse floor to senior management.
· Solid oral and written communication skills.
· Proficient in use of Microsoft Office and other computer-based tools to support system engineering and briefing/proposal development activities.
· Chartered Member of IOSH (CMIOSH) or Country specific equivalent.
· Qualified to NEBOSH Diploma level or equivalent with extensive health and safety management experience, preferably gained in a low margin, high volume environment with warehousing and logistics beneficial.
· Master in mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
· Experience implementing lean principles and process improvement in an operational environment.
· TUV Functional Safety Engineer.
· Experience in construction safety.
· Environmental qualification/experience an advantage.
· Experience interacting with cross functional teams and managing projects with minimal supervision.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Note to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Últimas ofertas de Software Development
Como desarrollador de apps móviles serás el responsable del desarrollo de soluciones para todo el grupo por lo participarás en proyectos de gran repercusión y te otorgará un crecimiento técnico muy reseñable en tu carrera. Descripción de la oferta -...
¿Buscas estabilidad laboral? ¿Tiens experiencia en programación de PLC's y te gustaría desarrollarte en el sector de automoción? ¡Te estamos esperando! Seleccionamos programador/a PLCs para importante empresa del sector de automoción. Te ofrecerán...