Are you interested in shaping the future of Amazon Transportation Services (ATS) and Operations? Do you want to create processes, operating models, and drive Amazon network improvements? Do you have a strong passion for continuous improvement and implementing methodologies such as Six Sigma and Lean?
EU Amazon Transportation Services’ ACES (Amazon Customer Excellence System) team is seeking a highly skilled and motivated person as an Operations SME (Subject Matter Expert) to help develop a world class middle mile process that delivers goods on time at the best cost. This role can be based virtually across the EU, but with a home site in one of our EU Sort Centers across Spain, France, Germany, or Italy.
Our team objective is to manage to excellence all inbound, sortation, and outbound freight flowing through our European Sortation Centers. A successful SME will have experience managing large programs and extreme bias for action needed in a startup environment.
· Drive network level excellence by designing and implementing systems, metrics and programs that maximize compliance, productivity and continuous improvement.
· Mentor EUSC SME network in Lean principles; define and drive adoption of standard work into the daily routines and habits of SC staff.
· Build strong partnership with operations field leaders to identify impact of new business initiatives and successfully integrate and deploy them onsite.
· Engage other Amazon business units globally to share best practices and improve end to end outcomes for Amazon customers.
· Work with technology teams and product managers to develop new tools and systems to support the growth of the business.
· Support to improve the vision, content, and delivery of standard work and ACES Training program.
· Create benchmark standards and audit process
· Analyze and solving operational barriers with a focus on understanding root causes.
A successful candidate will demonstrate:
· Passion for continuous improvement and developing mechanisms to reduce defects
· Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary; general manager / owner mentality
· Strong track record of team leadership within a large scale rapid and process driven environment
· Strong change management and implementation experience, including a demonstrated ability to engage effectively with high levels of management
· Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
· Ability to drive projects from initially ambiguous states
· Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills and ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
· Demonstrated ability to write detailed project and business plans.
· High attention to detail and proven ability to manage competing priorities simultaneously
· Bachelor’s Degree in supply chain management, engineering, or other technical field (or higher, e.g. MBA) or Amazon experience
· Proven progressive responsibility in warehouse operations, logistics, or related field
· Demonstrable problem-solving, mathematic and analytical skills using data to drive decisions in a business environment
· Experience across the full project lifecycle – analysis, design, and implementation
· Advanced MS Office skills, particularly Microsoft Excel
· Approximately 40% travel required
· Master’s degree in engineering
· Six Sigma qualification (Green/Black belt)
· Able to quickly distill down complex operating models and identify opportunities
· Ability to operate at both a strategic and operational level. Credible and impactful both with Senior Operational and Business Leaders as well as on the shop floor.
· Management experience in operations within the logistics, distribution, or transportation industry
· Basic knowledge of SQL, Visual Basic, Tableau or other technical tools are a plus
Escuela de Negocios
<p>Buscamos un Program Manager para importante Escuela de Negocios de Barcelona.&nbsp; </p><p><br> </p><p>Su misión será la de atender y dar soporte a los alumnos y al profesorado del ámbito asignado, de acuerdo...
<p><strong>Locations Open To</strong>: Barcelona, UK- London or Reading and Purchase, NY</p><p><br></p><p>The newly formed PepsiCo Data &amp; Analytics Team is creating business-ready platforms and...