Amazon Sub Same Day (SSD) Delivery! SSD sites are first-of-their-kind buildings and serve as mini-fulfillment centers and delivery stations optimized for faster click-to-delivery speeds. Prime members in Madrid can get free delivery within hours on a wide variety of products. Come build your Amazon experience working with Amazon Robotics (AR) and Last Mile Delivery.
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute over a billion shipments each year to our loyal customers. The EU Customer Fulfilment Operations team is seeking Area Managers to work in our Amazon EU Fulfilment Centers and manage operations in our yards. If you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment, we might be your perfect match. We don’t like to sit still, which is why we always treat every day like its day one. It’s that kind of spirit that drives our success now and in the future. And you could be part of it.
The Area Manager is responsible for managing operations in coordination with FC Dock, Receive and Ship teams to ensure FIFO processing and mitigate CX impact risks. An ideal candidate has a background in transportation operations and has excellent program management skills. He/she has the ability to lead and mentor people; analyze data and make sound recommendations in an often ambiguous environment. One of the main responsibilities in this role is to standardize and improve processes; while analyzing and eliminating root cause of defects within the current systems. This job will require exceptional communication skills and the ability to influence change at a local (facility) and global level. Role is based in an operational environment requiring working within shift pattern.
Our entire business works hard to delight our customers – from the second an order is placed online to the seamless coordination of that order behind the scenes, we strive to stay agile, fluid and intentional. That can be described in one of our core Leadership Principles, which is Bias for Action. This means that our teams band together, roll up their sleeves, and aren’t content with just standing still. We’re aiming to become the most customer-centric company on Earth.
The Site Leader is responsible for all budgetary, people development and operations objectives for a fulfillment site. Additional responsibilities include managing and leading a team of Operations and Area Managers, coaching and mentoring the team to ensure performance objectives are met, building positive employee relations and building leadership bench strength within the organization. The leader in this role must be nimble, demonstrate high judgment, make quick decisions in the face of ambiguity, and be strong in Innovation. In addition, he/she must lead his or her team to have high Bias for Action, Ownership, and have the ability to Hire and Develop the Best at a very rapid rate.
· Drives creation of quality initiatives, process change initiatives and other Lean initiatives to enable their functional area and ultimately the FC to meet and exceed business plan.
· Responsible for the overall safety, quality and performance and customer experience of either Inbound or Outbound operations.
· Will set and clarify requirements and expectations for Operations and Area Managers. Measures performance, provides feedback, and holds Ops Managers accountable for their performance and the performance of their departments.
· Takes proactive steps to ensure that best practices are shared across all departments, shifts and among the network.
· Works closely with support staff (HR, Finance, Facilities, Safety, IT and other managers) to build and secure support and resources for projects and initiatives in their area, as well as providing needed support and resources for other staff initiatives
Amazon Operations sits at the heart of the Amazon customer experience. We look after everything from the moment a customer clicks buy, to the moment their item is delivered – from desktop to doorstep.
Across Europe we have more than 50 Fulfillment Centers, hundreds of Delivery Stations, thousands of machines, and tens of thousands of employees, all working together in harmony to make sure the right item gets delivered to the right person, in the right place, at the right time.
Working in Amazon Operations is for people who like to be active and give their all. We work in a busy, dynamic environment and are part of a bigger team delivering on the expectations of millions of customers every single day.
We are open, inclusive and welcome individuality and diversity. The culture in our Operation is built on the way teams bond and the work ethic that enables our business run like clockwork. Our teams take real pride in a job well done, looking out for one another, ensuring the highest safety standards and playing their part in delivering the quality service Amazon is known for around the world.
Join us in the Amazon Reliability Maintenance Engineering team. We maintain and optimize technologies in the Global Amazon Warehouse & Delivery Network.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
We are looking for motivated, customer-focused people who want to join our team as a Senior Reliability Maintenance Engineering Technician. The focus of the Senior Reliability Maintenance Engineering Technician role is to ensure safety regulations and policies are adhered to, to ensure preventative maintenance is conducted on time to a high standard and to provide high levels of equipment availability through continuous improvement.
Shift Pattern: This role includes working in non-traditional shift pattern, which may include nights and weekends.
· Role model health & safety best practices and monitor those around them to ensure they follow the example they set.
· Work in a hands-on manner and demonstrate SME (Subject Matter Expert) levels of knowledge on all MHE (Material Handling Equipment) in the building.
· Coach and mentor the technicians on shift.
· Support the line manager and to supervise the shift in their absence.
· Provide high levels of equipment availability to our internal customers by means of troubleshooting and prioritizing.
· Support continuous improvement of systems in a standard manner across the EU network.
· Develop and maintain a good working relationship across all levels in the organization.
· Understanding of OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness) and equipment performance metrics.
· Management of contractors.
· Multi skilled in both electrical and mechanical disciplines with relevant experience in automation or complex MHE environments.
· Solid foundational knowledge of PLC based controls systems.
· Experience using CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management Systems) to plan proactive maintenance and record reactive tasks.
· Knowledge of Statutory Compliance requirements.
· Ability to communicate (written & verbal) in English and the local language at CEFR Level B2 or higher.
· Proven ability to supervise and influence others on the team.
· Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize many different projects and workload.
· Experience of multi-contractor management.
· Experience in a multi-site environment.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Últimas ofertas de Law Enforcement
The vente-privee group has consolidated its various European brands, together made up of 6000 employees, under one unified conglomerate: Veepee. This coalescence marks a new chapter in its European Privalia, vente-exclusive, Designer & Friends...
Localsoft, is a world-class localization company offering translation, testing and audio services. From our headquarters in the Technological Park of Andalucía in Málaga, Spain, we operate both locally and internationally with clients from many...