Our team team is responsible for executing cross-functional programs that are not “business as usual” (BAU) and that are challenging status quo and fundamentally improving the way that we run our business and/or allow us to scale. We are looking for an experienced strong BI who will be a technical leader embedded into a strategic program and who works side-by-side with Program managers to execute cross-organizational initiatives. You will analyze big data sets looking for improvement opportunities in existing delivery network optimization systems, design solutions to create new optimization models or update the existing systems and align them with reality. In addition, you will create metrics and dashboards to measure the success of the newly launched initiatives and scope the new ones.
Responsibilities cover the whole program life-cycle and include:
- Scoping: analyze business problem and identify data to be collected. Communicate with business stakeholders to define business requirements for metrics, dashboarding and data pipelines. Define experiment design and related data requirements for subsequent analysis to quantify potential impact on capacity, quality, delivery speed, cost. Model network clusters to define pilot’s geographical scope and nodes.
- Piloting: define requirements for metrics to monitor during the pilot and build offline metrics decks and online dashboards. Gather data and develop machine learning models in order to identify experiment opportunities. Support dive deeps into the metrics to troubleshoot the execution issues and identify root causes. Quantify impact of the program on capacity, quality, delivery speed, cost and align it with BIEs in the relevant teams. Contribute to documents with “lessons learned” related to the BIE position scope.
- Roll-out: develop a full set of end to end tools and metrics to execute the roll-out, identify structural improvements, and measure impact. Create tools for the missing processes for the program to scale.
- Hand-over to BAU: work with the business teams to define the end-state of the newly deployed elements (e.g. topology, equipment etc.) and the role of technical tools in making them BAU. Drive alignment on what “interim tools” should be industrialized by the global tech teams. Work with the global tech teams to define the requirements, solution architecture and co-develop the final solutions/tools/dashboards for operations teams.
You should be able to:
- Drive analytics and optimization tech initiatives from scratch independently
- Design full data pipelines using the most suitable tech solution to deploy analytics models
- Develop analytics to find opportunities to maximize our KPIs (capacity, quality, delivery speed, cost)
- Move optimization algorithms and automation logic from design to production
- Code complete pipelines using AWS infrastructure guaranteeing its robustness
- Provide visibility and valuable insights to the business through BI tools/dashboards
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Math or other technical field
- 5+ years of experience in the field
- Demonstrated ability in writing and tuning complex SQL scripts;
- Advanced Python and knowledge in other programming languages
- Probability and Statistics
- Experience in cloud environments
- Experience with automated self-service reporting tools such as Tableau, Power BI, and QuickSight;
- Proven analytical thinking with a natural tendency to use data in decision-making and prioritization
- Advanced or Master’s degree in computer science/probability&statistics/
- Experience with AWS solutions such as EC2, DynamoDB, S3, and Redshift;
- Familiarity with planning, forecasting, and optimization - gained through work experience or graduate level education
- Strong understanding of BI technologies and their application including database warehousing and dashboarding
- Shell scripting
CTAG – Centro Tecnológico de Automoción de Galicia
Porriño, O, ES