Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics (AR). We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even image yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
In this role, you will lead a team of Hardware Developers within our Advanced Technology team providing technical direction to develop conceptual design, performance specifications and testing activities for our newest Robotics systems and products. As a leader you will work in close collaboration with our Engineering and Packaging teams as well as Equipment Vendors, Software Developers and Procurement teams, just to name a few. You will be responsible for driving a stategy to deliver innovations and tech development aligned with business needs.
Successful candidates will have strong experience in technology development as well as testing within the mechatronics discipline. (for example: industrial robotic cells, autonomous vehicles, sortation technologies, auto packing/bagging machines).
As a Sr. Manager of the Hardware team you will:
· Develop pragmatic solutions, building and/or designing flexible systems without over-engineering.
· Optimize designs at the product and customer level, understanding that the ideal implementation requires a balanced approach to schedule, cost, technical risk, etc.
· Debug and resolve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context.
· Understand fundamental electrical and mechanical constraints
· Consistently follow engineering best practices and where possible drive their adoption.
· Lead and grow a team of technology oriented Engineers and influence cross functional teams
· Lead overall end-to-end equipment development, moving through ideation, development, conceptual design, detail design, testing and on-site implementation.
· Conduct multiple weekly standing meetings with internal teams and vendors to plan and track deliverables.
· Lead technical design reviews and propose design solutions for robotics, autonomous vehicles, auto-packing, material handling and storage solutions that meet both business needs and leverage global design standardization.
· Create, submit and develop design management systems including layouts, Reliability Engineering, Flow Diagram, Process Path and Controls Strategy.
· Deep dive on technical details and lead solutions.
· Lead critical path schedule items and escalate to leadership on potential risks and delays.
· Work in close collaboration with World Wide Engineering, working across multiple time zones.
· Lead value engineering work minimizing CAPEX spending.
· Have proven experience developing and testing mechanical, robotics equipment.
· Experience working with equipment suppliers, laboratories and manufacturing plants.
· Flexibility to travel up to 50% across Europe.
· 5+ years of management experience
· Thorough understanding and use of principals, theories and concepts in hardware engineering and ability to apply them to product design
· Strong organizational skills and the ability to work well with teams
· Ability to effectively communicate concepts and write technical documents
· Desire and energy to work in a fast-paced agile environment
· Experience with full lifecycle and proficiency at completing tasks to meet associated milestones
· Experience evaluating design, performance and logistical tradeoffs for hardware systems
· University Degree, B.S. or Master, in Engineering (or science/technology).
· Proven technical leadership experience in development, testing and implementation of large scale, complex technology projects.
· Experience in using Modeling, Project Management, CAD and Software programming tools.
· Working knowledge using MS Excel, AutoCAD, MS Project, and software for technical document writing such as Visio, Word, Excel and/or PowerPoint.
· Fluency in English required. A plus is speaking other EU languages
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Últimas ofertas de Software Development
SELTIME compañía española en proceso de expansión, líder en dar soluciones tecnológicas específicas a cada cliente y un trato personalizado a nuestros técnicos. Selecciona Programadores, Analistas Programadores, Analistas, Jefes de proyecto y...
SELTIME compañía española en proceso de expansión, líder en dar soluciones tecnológicas específicas a cada cliente y un trato personalizado a nuestros profesionales. Selecciona Programadores/AP´s en .Net con al menos 1-2 años de experiencia para...