We build products that help customers make healthier choices. We own the core data services that power Amazon Halo. Our services are built with Node.js, Python and GraphQL and we build on AWS technologies including ECS, Lambda, and DynamoDB.
This is an incredible growth opportunity! You will learn new technologies and languages, solve customer problems, and help guide the future direction of the team. We’re a supportive team with a high technical bar, providing ample room for rapid growth.
Key job responsibilities
As a Sr. Software Dev Engineer on this team, you will define and build highly scalable services with a direct impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of flagship APIs that our partners depend on. A successful candidate will be expected to:
· Mentor high-performing software development engineers, and drive a culture of engineering and operational excellence
· Write high quality, low-revision code to lead by example in their technical leadership
· Work with cutting-edge technology and linearly scalable distributed systems, and make high-judgement technology decisions
· Make decision decisions to grow the API scalability and adoption by 10x
· Code review other engineers code, and mentor junior developers on the team
A day in the life
You will get to work directly with product managers, data scientists, TPMs and designers to create next generation wellness services for our partners. As a senior member of the team, you will get a lot of technical ownership, writing design docs, and owning the technical delivery of major functionality of Halo services.
About the team
We are the team responsible for storing and surfacing the health data to Amazon Halo partners in order to make a positive impact on our customers' health. We emphasize Ownership, Learn & Be Curious, Bias for action, and Customer Obsession. Engineers on our team are owners of their domains and also influence our dependencies in Halo elsewhere.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent work experience.
· 7+ years delivering production code in a modern language such as Node.js, Python, or Java.
· 3+ years of experience designing and delivering public facing APIs or REST-based services.
· Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
· Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
· Knowledge of data structures & algorithms.
· Experience building high-performance, highly-available, and scalable distributed systems.
· Experience designing software for performance, scalability, and reliability.
· Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
· Demonstrated abilities driving operational excellence and best practices.
· Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
¡No te pierdas nada!
Únete a la comunidad de wijobs y recibe por email las mejores ofertas de empleo
Nunca compartiremos tu email con nadie y no te vamos a enviar spamSuscríbete Ahora