Are you an experienced trade compliance leader passionate about cross-border trade? Come make history in Amazon’s Global Trade Services team as Trade Services Country Lead supporting Amazon’s cross-border operations and trade lane expansions.
The Global Trade Services team is looking for a leader to externally engage customs authorities and develop programs designed to ensure compliance with trade regulations while enabling business growth at scale. This leader will manage country responsibility for executing our trade compliance strategy and managing import and export regulatory risks. The leader will interface with senior leadership and executives across the company including internal business leaders, legal, transportation, global mile, Amazon Air, supply chain, tax, accounting, finance, external brokers and customs authorities to provide key inputs that inform business decisions and manage, monitor and improve preventive and detective trade compliance controls.
To be successful in this role, you will be a Trade Compliance professional and demonstrate an on-going curiosity and creativity, balanced with the ability to distill numerous inputs/ideas into meaningful actions and recommendations.
This person must have analytical capabilities and a process improvement mentality. You must be able to interface effectively and communicate convincingly with leaders at all levels, including the executive leadership team. You will demonstrate the ability to work well and influence strategically in both small team and large, cross-functional environments. As part of this, you will build and leverage a network of stakeholders and internal customers who will help both validate and challenge your approach / recommendations in a constructive fashion. The right candidate must have a record of accomplishment in Trade Compliance and program ownership.
Key job responsibilities
• Externally engage with the customs authorities
• Develop programs designed to ensure compliance with trade regulations while enabling business growth at scale
• Develop and execute strategy to drive and implement compliant import / export processes.
• Design and set governance structures
• Define country specifics by channel.
• Engage customs authorities in coordination with key stakeholders.
• Engage Amazon stakeholders and align objectives that ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
• Balance short term needs with long term solutions.
About the team
· Exiting role supporting the GTS growth cycle facilitating compliant trade.
· Flexible work environment. (Flexible towards personal commitments being it to balance school pick up times or anything else). The focus is on getting the job done and build a scalable process for the future.
· Great team
· Endless opportunities to develop
o Native speaker in Spanish and full proficiency in English
o Strong written and oral communication skills
o Self-motivated and open minded with an appetite to develop and learn
o Team player
o Ability to demonstrate sound judgment in ambiguous situations
o Ability to simplify complex compliance requirements into scalable solutions
o Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University
• Accomplished range of skills from high level strategic thinking to creative and detailed execution
• Demonstrated collaborative skills and ability to work well within a team, including adherence to core values and dynamic corporate culture
• Exceptional organizational skills
• Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
• Bilingual or multi-lingual
• Product Compliance expertise
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Últimas ofertas de Computing / IT
San Fernando de Henares, ES
AWS EMEA SARL (Spain Branch)
Miranda de Ebro, ES
PC TELECOS VALENCIA, S.L.U.