*** This role can be based either at one of our Fulfillment Centers locations in Germany, Poland, Spain, Italy or at our headquarters in Luxembourg ***
French construction market knowledge and French language fluency are mandatory for this role and for the resume to be considered.
Amazon opened its virtual doors in 1995 and strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online. The successful candidate will be a key part of the operations team and will be responsible for project managing new Amazon Customer Fulfillment Centers planning, design and construction. This will include the extension of existing facilities and any new sites.
The Construction Manager will play an integral role in the development and implementation of the EU network infrastructure. This role will analyze and evaluate different facility scenarios and build-out designs. In addition, this candidate has to support the standardization of the technical and facility related processes and systems. This opportunity combines construction engineering, planning, project management, facilities management, and contract management. It requires a person who can show proven ability in the planning and design, and project management / control of new and the enhancement of existing facility buildings.
The role will be based in Europe and will include frequent travel to all various locations in France and Europe.
· Responsible for overseeing construction engineering, planning, and design for Amazon Customer Fulfillment Centers and other new or expansion projects;
· Responsible for project support on new fulfillment network buildings and additional capacity requirements within existing European Customer Fulfillment Centers;
· Undertake construction engineering design on new and remodel projects;
· Prepare reports, specifications, technical analysis to fully define the design requirements, equipment and services required;
· Provide technical direction within engineering design, building design, layouts, build details, schedules and materials;
· Survey facilities, develop and document a procedures to audit the facility, provide evaluations and analysis, and recommend solutions to facility infrastructure, safety and security problems involving facilities and people.
· Negotiate contracts with vendors and present formal documentation for approval when required;
· Ensure that contracts are fit for purpose, cost effective and incorporate appropriate Service Level Agreements.
· Provide overall site management, coordination, planning, specification of business proposals and coordination of subcontractors;
· Facilitate and team with others on due diligence evaluation of new opportunities;
· Coach and guide all project teams (sub-contractors, maintenance engineers and commissioning engineers) throughout the full project lifecycle;
· Ensure that contracted resources deliver work to meet duration and quality targets, addressing and ensuring the correction of under-performance issues;
· Audit contractors to check that the skills and competences of contract labor are appropriate to need and they are fit to undertake the work on which they will be deployed;
· Inform contractors of projected changes in resource or work demand so that they can take appropriate action;
· Establish and operate the information systems necessary for effective scheduling and recording of contract work;
· Support contractors’ work and help them to achieve higher performance levels;
· Coach other new members on best practices.
· May have direct reports.
· M.Sc or Country Equivalent in Civil or Mechanical Engineering or Architecture.
· Proven Project Management, Construction or Engineering experience, with a proven track record of managing both new builds and the enhancement of existing logistics / industrial buildings.
· Experience negotiating construction, procurement contracts in EU;
· Experience in leading and managing a team
· French and English full proficiency
· Knowledge of the French construction market and experience in the field.
· Professional proficiency in German, Italian or Spanish is a valuable asset;
· Ability to travel throughout Europe up to 40% of the time;
· Facilities management experience is valuable asset;
· Proven Project Management experience from design phase through implementation and operation;
· Experience of Six Sigma and Lean analytical techniques;
· MRICS / RIBA qualified;
· Chartered Engineer or Country Equivalent.
For ease of process, please submit a CV in English
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success.
We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Últimas ofertas de Computing / IT
Mazars es una firma internacional, integrada e independiente, especializada en servicios de auditoría, consultoría y asesoramiento legal y fiscal. Con presencia en más de 90 países, la firma cuenta con los conocimientos de más profesionales que...
Buenos días ! quería preguntar sobre cuánto tienen el m2 de obra nueva ! Tengo un solar de unos 50y poco m2 en el cual quiero fabricar, sótano, garage, primera, segunda planta y azotea! Quería saber estimación orientativa, y aparte quiero saber cuánto...