Central Operations (CO) refers to a new approach in Amazon Logistics (AMZL) to define a scalable solution to run an increasingly complex and growing last mile delivery network. CO is a key strategic initiative with a vision to transform the way AMZL executes route planning, labor planning and last mile on-road delivery experience. This is a chance to support a rapidly evolving part of AMZL, taking the lead in developing a best-in-class operation to make effective, real-time decisions to maximize customer and driver experience through effective route planning.
As an Area Manager, you will lead a team of Shift Managers and Schedulers to drive performance and ensure standard processes are followed for all the daily tasks. You will be responsible for building processes, systems, and mechanisms to schedule tens of thousands of packages across multiple Delivery Stations daily. You will drive execution and efficiency through data-driven decision-making and analytical problem-solving. You will be accountable for cost, customer experience, and delivery partner experience, both in daily execution and long-term step-function improvements. Additional responsibilities include coaching and mentoring the team, nurturing positive employee relations and building leadership bench strength within the organization.
· Managing daily operations of the team, ensuring all the required tasks are executed on time, adhering to the standard practices.
· Monitor and report on daily and weekly performances. Deep dive on trends, identify the gaps in performance metrics and take corrective actions.
· Execute best practices that improve customer, cost, and delivery partner outcomes· Develop processes and systems to achieve metrics, often requiring scrappy solutions to temporarily overcome technical limitations. The ability to scale will be critical to all processes.
· Create and drive scalable standard work that enables remote support of a complex business area
· Proactively identify and lead process improvement initiatives though quantitative analysis and data-driven decision making
· Create, manage, support recognition and communication programs for scheduling team
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR C.V. IN ENGLISH
· Has knowledge and experience in direct-to-customer fulfillment operations as well as excellent technical, problem-solving, and communication skills
· Experience defining projects, collecting requirements, designing process solutions
· A forward thinker, with an ability to manage high levels of ambiguity and thrive on change.
· Qualifications in Engineering, Operations, or related fields
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English; ability to communicate effectively and build partnership relationships with both agency management representatives and their delivery providers
· 3+ years of experience with performance metrics and process improvement with demonstrable problem solving skills and analytical skills
· Ability to change and adapt as our business grows and you must adapt to changes in management
· Excellent customer service skills and interpersonal skills
· Direct management experience for employees and their performance
· Willingness to work flexible schedules/shifts/areas
· Bachelor's or Master's degree in Engineering, Operations, or a related field.
· 3+ years of management experience in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment.
· Experience leading process improvements through Lean process, Kaizen, and Six Sigma.
· Thrive in an ambiguous environment, create project plans, and meet deadlines.
· Strong communication skills in English (public speaking and writing).
· Working knowledge of SQL / ETL and visualization tools like tableau.
· An ability and interest to work in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment.
Empresa Sector Cosmética
Galicia / Galiza, ES