We are Amazon; we pioneer. Since opening in 1995, we’ve been pushing the boundaries of possible further and further.
And year-on-year, as we continue to grow, we need to work as smart as we can, to keep all our team members safe, fulfilled, motivated and empowered. To help us achieve this, we’re seeking an enthusiastic Workplace Health & Safety Manager (WHS Manager). Your Dive Deep and Bias for Action will be critical to step in and support the Amazon Logistics WHS team in Spain, monitoring different Delivery Stations in your assigned region and ensuring the standardization of all of them, Insisting on the Highest Standards in terms of Health & Safety.
The successful candidate will be an experienced, innovative and hands-on individual who is passionate about Health & Safety in a professional context. In time, we’ll expect you to become as customer-centric as we are and apply this to your work each day.
You will also need to be able to identify, coordinate and drive improvements in Health & Safety, while engaging operational and other support function stakeholders. The WHS Manager will report directly to the ES AMZL (Amazon Logistics) Regional WHS Manager.
Key job responsibilities:
· Coordinating the delivery of safety performance and monitoring, in line with personnel, team and rest of applicable stakeholders, goals and objectives.
· Facilitating and/or arranging awareness initiatives and training programs on critical WHS issues. Contribute to keep and improve the Safety Culture in the assigned workplaces.
· Supporting the implementation of WHS programs within AMZL, while delivering key risk assessment activities.
· Driving compliance with local and EU legislation.
· Ensuring that WHS systems are kept accurate at all times, with completed incident reports, alongside all supporting documentation.
· Supporting the ES WHS Regional Manager with the construction of incident prevention programs.
· Contributing to Delivery Stations requests for improvement of on-site health & safety and positively impact incident trends.
· Ensuring document and record-keeping tracking and governance, to ensure an accurate and timely response to any possible request from insurers or solicitors regarding incident claims.
· Participating in the EU AMZL WHS Audit Programs,
· Assisting with the on boarding, coordination and training of new WHS team members,
· Acting as a proxy for the ES AMZL Regional Manager, if required.
· Arranging, facilitating and contributing to ES AMZL Steering Committee meetings or equivalent.
· Arranging and conducting audits and checks in the assigned Delivery Stations, looking into facility processes, Health and Safety supplies as well as employee behaviors.
· Educated to Degree level.
· You’re able to demonstrate an in-depth understanding of Workplace Health and Safety and Environmental legislation.
· You have significant experience as member of Servicio de Prevención Propio o Mancomunado, ideally gained in a logistics environment.
· You’re a "Técnico Superior en Prevención de Riesgos Laborales (including specializations in Seguridad en el Trabajo, Higiene Industrial y Ergonomía & Psicosociología aplicada)", following Spanish regulations in terms of Health & Safety.
· Flexible approach to work, while always managing your own priorities and workload.
· You’re able to effectively lead and manage a team.
· You possess excellent communication and influencing skills: you’re also results-oriented and tenacious.
· You’re also comfortable communicating at all levels of seniority within a large organization.
· You possess an in-depth understanding of EU & Spanish Health and Safety legislation.
· You can quickly build credibility, using your influencing skills and strategies to build buy-in for change.
· You are fluent in Spanish and English.
· Master's Degree.
· You possess experience of Lean, 5S and Kaizen methodologies,
· Qualifications or experience of environmentally-conscious initiatives would be advantageous.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Note to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
¡No te pierdas nada!
Únete a la comunidad de wijobs y recibe por email las mejores ofertas de empleo
Nunca compartiremos tu email con nadie y no te vamos a enviar spamSuscríbete Ahora