"This role can be based virtually across the EU, but with a home site in one of our EU Sort Centers across Spain, France, Germany, or Italy."
Do you want to be part of an organization that is on the leading edge of operations involving sortation, distribution, and logistics as Amazon delivers world class service to our customers? The Amazon EUSC Material Flow Optimization Team is looking for a proven technical leader with extensive experience leading projects and programs in applying planning and engineering principles to operations. This would also include developing and implementing process improvement initiatives within the logistics and distribution industry. As an MFO Process Improvement Engineer, you will work with multiple teams and a broad set of stakeholders including labor planning, operations, network planning, and service performance in designing and improving our Sort Centers processes, while challenging the status quo of existing operations. This position requires a firm understanding of engineering principles, planning, forecasting, cost estimating, and process flows along with proven management skills in leading and developing others.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to display your skills in the following areas:
· Floor layout design and implementation
· Optimized flow modeling
· Facilitate the set-up and integration within buildings of new products, services, and operations
· Apply engineering principles, develop processes, and improve operations
· Study operations to optimize and design new tools involving simulation and planning
· Develop innovative design concepts to improve throughput, facility utilization, and optimize labor
· Develop strong, productive relationships across peer organization that further our business objectives
· Manage complex and quick-turn projects while demonstrating exceptional business judgement.
· Assess process improvement and transformation opportunities and partner with process owners and stakeholders to scope opportunities, define problem statements and objectives, and structure projects and teams
· Train, coach, and mentor field Operations teams to empower them with leveraging operations tools and systems to meet daily business needs.
Our MFO Operations Engineers work across the organization to find solutions to complex problems and are expected to innovate on behalf of our customers to ensure these solutions provide a flawless experience. In order to accomplish this, the individual must think strategically and make data driven decisions. You will be driving efforts, both independently and with your team which will have a significant impact on this growing business. Successful candidates will be strong leaders who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivering results. You must have the experience and capability to create and present documentation for senior executives and align your roadmap with Amazon’s strategic objectives. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential. You should be experienced in working with data to analyze root causes, implementing long term solutions, and leading teams with advanced analytical, mathematical, and quantitative capabilities.
Willingness to travel up to 40%.
· A completed Bachelor's degree in a STEM subject from an accredited university
· Demonstrable experience managing cross-functional and regional programs influencing different stakeholders' groups
· Experience managing large Process Improvement projects
· Exposure to Six Sigma and Lean methodologies
· Demonstrated use of analytical skills to solve engineering problems
· Experience with Microsoft Office products
· Fluency in English required
· Master’s degree in engineering
· Six Sigma qualification (Green/Black belt)
· Management experience in operations within the logistics, distribution, or transportation industry
· Experience with SQL and advanced simulation modeling tools (such as Flexsim, Arena, Simio)
¡No te pierdas nada!
Únete a la comunidad de wijobs y recibe por email las mejores ofertas de empleo
Nunca compartiremos tu email con nadie y no te vamos a enviar spamSuscríbete Ahora