"This role can be based virtually across the EU, but with a home site in one of our EU Sort Centers across the UK, Spain, France, Germany, or Italy."
Are you interested in shaping the future of Amazon Transportation Services (ATS) and Operations? Do you want to create processes, operating models, and drive Amazon network improvements? Do you have a strong passion for continuous improvement and implementing methodologies such as Six Sigma and Lean?
EU Amazon Transportation Services’ ACES (Amazon Customer Excellence System) team is seeking a highly skilled and motivated person as an Transportation SME (Subject Matter Expert) to help develop a world class middle mile process that delivers goods on time at the best cost.
This position will support Amazon transportation and drive operational excellence and project management across the entire EU Fulfillment Center, Sort Center, Air Node, and Delivery Station network. A successful candidate will have experience managing large and complex projects and extreme bias for action needed in a startup environment.
· Drive network level excellence by designing and implementing systems, metrics and programs that maximize compliance, productivity and continuous improvement.
· Mentor other teams in Lean principles; define and drive adoption of standard work into the daily routines and habits of staff.
· Build strong partnership with operations field leaders to identify impact of new business initiatives and successfully integrate and deploy them onsite.
· Engage other Amazon business units globally to share best practices and improve end to end outcomes for Amazon customers.
· Work with technology teams and product managers to develop new tools and systems to support the growth of the business.
· Support to improve the vision, content, and delivery of standard work and ACES Training program.
· Create benchmark standards and audit process
· Analyze and solving operational barriers with a focus on understanding root causes.
A successful candidate will demonstrate:
· Passion for continuous improvement and developing mechanisms to reduce defects
· Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary; general manager / owner mentality
· Strong track record of team leadership within a large scale rapid and process driven environment
· Strong change management and implementation experience, including a demonstrated ability to engage effectively with high levels of management
· Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
· Ability to drive projects from initially ambiguous states
· Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills and ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
· Demonstrated ability to write detailed project and business plans.
· High attention to detail and proven ability to manage competing priorities simultaneously
· Bachelor’s Degree in supply chain management, engineering, or other technical field (or higher) or extensive Amazon experience
· Proven progressive responsibility in warehouse operations, logistics, transportation planning, carrier management, supply chain or related field
· Exposure to Six Sigma and Lean methodologies
· Demonstrable experience managing cross-functional and regional programs influencing different stakeholders' groups
· Advanced MS Office skills, particularly Microsoft Excel
· Fluency in English required
· Approximately 30-40% travel required
· Highly analytical and comfortable with large analyses
· Able to quickly distill down complex operating models and identify opportunities
· Ability to operate at both a strategic and operational level. Credible and impactful both with Senior Operational and Business Leaders as well as on the shop floor
· Driven full lifecycle Six Sigma and Lean transformation projects
· Writing SQL queries, knowledge of Python, Visual Basic, Tableau or other technical tools
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Amazon takes your personal data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal data in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process.
If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider.
Amazon Road Transport Spain, S
*This role can be based in any of our EU locations* Are you interested in shaping the future of Amazon Transportation and Operations? Do you want to create processes, operating models, and drive Amazon network improvements? Do you have a strong...