*This role can be based in any of our EU locations*
Are you interested in shaping the future of Amazon Transportation and Operations? Do you want to create processes, operating models, and drive Amazon network improvements? Do you have a strong passion for continuous improvement and implementing methodologies such as Six Sigma and Lean? All while positively impacting Amazon’s ATS shipping footprint and profitable expansion into EU?
EU Amazon Transportation Services’ ACES (Amazon Customer Excellence System) team is expanding its organization to take on the toughest ATS problems and opportunity areas in cost, service and quality and it is seeking for a highly skilled and motivated Project Manager with eagerness to propel its growth and help drive middle-mile improvements across our network.
Help build capabilities that cut across delivery, sort center, fulfillment, linehaul, and air operations, with a direct financial impact. You will create and refine robust processes that fully leverage existing technologies while highlighting areas for future investments. The successful Program Manager will have the extreme bias for action needed in a startup environment, leverage a deep understanding of operational barriers to implement mitigation strategies, and think long-term about how to scale processes. He or she will work effectively across multiple organizations, including field operators, support teams, and technology product managers. Communication, problem-solving, and dealing with ambiguity are musts. Location is negotiable and can be based in Germany, France, Italy, or Spain. Please note that you'll be required to travel approximately 30% of your time.
· Managing strategic programs that span across Amazon’s entire supply chain.
· Spearheading new initiatives that enable growth, enhance our processes, and lower costs for our customers.
· Building strong partnership with operations field leaders to identify impact of new business initiatives and successfully integrate and deploy them onsite.
· Innovating to improve customer experience and remove costs from our network.
· Analyzing and solving operational barriers with a focus on understanding root causes.
· Managing backlog of programs and coordinating prioritization with internal and external project owners.
· Building new tools and metrics that help streamline daily operations.
· Working with technology teams and product managers to develop new tools and systems to support the growth of the business.
A successful candidate will demonstrate:
· Passion for continuous improvement and developing mechanisms to reduce defects
· Willingness to challenge and influence senior leaders
· Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
· Ability to drive projects from initially ambiguous states
· Strong change management and implementation experience
· Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills and ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
· Demonstrated ability to write detailed project and business plans.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
· High attention to detail and proven ability to manage competing priorities simultaneously
· Bachelor’s Degree in supply chain management, engineering, or other technical field (or higher, e.g. MBA) warehouse operations, logistics, or related field
· Proven problem-solving, mathematic and analytical skills using data to drive decisions in a business environment
· Experience across the full project lifecycle – analysis, design, and implementation
· Advanced MS Office skills, particularly Microsoft Excel
· Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), fluency in English required
· MBA and work experience in technical field is highly desired
· Highly analytical and comfortable with large analyses.
· Able to quickly distill down complex operating models and identify opportunities.
· Ability to operate at both a strategic and operational level. Credible and impactful both with Senior Operational and Business Leaders as well as on the shop floor.
· Practiced working knowledge of Six Sigma tools and Lean techniques
· Basic knowledge of SQL, Visual Basic, Tableau or other technical tools are a plus
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Amazon takes your personal data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal data in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process. If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider.
¡No te pierdas nada!
Únete a la comunidad de wijobs y recibe por email las mejores ofertas de empleo
Nunca compartiremos tu email con nadie y no te vamos a enviar spamSuscríbete Ahora