Regional Manager Logistic Operations
At Amazon we believe that every day is still day one. A day to take the first step and a day to look forward to new challenges. And today is that day for you. It's your day to be part of something great. A day to make your ideas come to life and your day to join a company that redefines itself every day. That's the energy and passion behind Amazon.
Department EU ROC Overview
European ROC (Relay Operations Center) is the central control center for Transportation Execution across the Amazon's European Transportation network, supporting both domestic and inter-country transportation movements for European geographies. The team is responsible for planning and scheduling the trucks/vehicles to be placed at each of our fulfillment centers across Europe, based on various factors such as forecast, historical trends, vehicles capacity and carrier capabilities. ROC plays a critical role in ensuring the smooth functioning of Amazon's European transportation network and thereby has direct impact on Amazon's ability to serve customers on time.
Overview of Regional Manager Logistic Operations
The ROC Regional Manager manages a European Region and a large scale 24x7 frontline operations team for both Inbound and Outbound transportation. S/he works in a cross-functional environment with Carriers, Supply Chain, Distribution Centers and the Retail organizations to determine future demand for transportation resources, and translates the aforementioned into accurate capacity plans. S/he drives the vision of ROC Operations, facilitating the flow of information between different stakeholders (Trans Carriers/Hubs/Warehouses) and lead resolution of any potential issues that impact customer experience and business continuity, on a fast-paced environment.
· Can independently identify up-stream and down-stream operational problems and escalate them to the appropriate resource before they become project-threatening.
· Brings a department and company-wide perspective to decision making. Strong business acumen (understands how to calculate high-level ROI and partner with finance to complete a cost-benefit analysis).
· Broad experience, across functional and operational areas, designing, developing, deploying, and maintaining large scale projects.
· Expertly skilled at gathering functional requirements and converting those into a realistic, detailed functional spec and project plan.
· Has played a leadership role for several years
· Has a deep understanding of the business’ and end user’s needs, and can proficiently translate those needs into the right solution.
· Can properly prioritize competing projects across departments. Focus is on projects for an entire group or department, or a major piece of a larger cross-company product or project.
· Gathers requirements from appropriate business owners, writes clear and detailed functional specifications, prioritizes features, and drives scoping as needed.
· Serves as escalation point for other Operations Managers
· Makes the right trade offs between schedule, resources, and scope in order to deliver on project; compiles project schedule and recommends optimal resource usage.
· Identifies and evaluates potential risks/obstacles with minimal direction from senior managers. Determines appropriate corrective action.
· University Education: Master degree in Engineering, Supply Chain Management or similar
· Advanced knowledge of Excel (Pivot Tables, VLookUps)
· Advanced level in English (spoken, written)
· +5 years’ work experience in operations/supply chain/logistics/e-commerce and transportation concepts such as forecasting, planning, optimization, logistics, delivery performance, carrier negotiation, inventory management, S&OP
· +3 years’ experience managing teams across different levels of expertise
· Strong analytical background; comfortable in ambiguous situations
· Ability to travel in EU
· MBA preferred
· Communication skills in other languages (Spanish, French or Italian)
· Experience in using SQL and databases in a business environment
Últimas ofertas de Logistics
BUSCADORDETRABAJO.ES - JOBBOARD
1 Vacantes 1 días Albox Almería Estamos buscando un ingeniero/a de la edificación para nuestra oficina en Albox (Almería) que se encargue del desarrollo de proyectos y dirección de obras. Funciones a desempeñar: - Dirección y ejecución de la...
FHIOS Smart Knowledge En Fhios llevamos más de 20 años aportando soluciones a empresas. Desde una transformación digital que integre todas las acciones y procesos necesarios para introducir una empresa en el mundo digital, a campañas y proyectos a...