Senior Carrier Operations Manager
At Amazon we believe that every day is still day one. A day to take a first step. A day to look forward to new opportunities. And today is that day for you. It's your day to be part of something great. A day to make your ideas come to life. And your day to join a company that redefines itself every day.
We are looking for a Senior Carrier Operations Manager to join our team!
As an integral part of the Amazon Transportation Services (ATS) team, the Snr Carrier Operations Manager works to build effective and high standard processes to improve carrier performance in a region. The ATS team works with Amazon’s FCs, Sort Centers, Delivery Stations, Supply Chain, Customer Service, Retail and Finance teams and externally with service providers, offering business and logistics expertise to ensure optimal delivery of service solutions. This role will also enjoy cross regional and international exposure.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Maintain high operational standards with external partners and across the teams to deliver required quality from a fast growing carrier base
· Define and improve scalable processes to manage carrier performance, on-road safety and process compliance
· Prepare and lead regular business reviews on performance both with internal and external stakeholders
· Identify defects in our processes that affects carrier experience and drive cross-functional improvements to build smooth journey for the partners operating with us
· Identifies and evaluates potential risks/obstacles with minimal direction from senior managers. Determines appropriate corrective action.
· Prepare and communicate process changes to internal and external stakeholders to effectively achieve fast adoption across teams
· Work across the EU in a cross-functional environment and communicate with external customers (Carriers) and internal customers (Software Support, Fulfilment Centers)
To be successful in this role, you need a passion for making data driven decisions which will have direct impact on customer experience. Some keys to your success are the ability to be an effective communicator to various audiences. The ability to remain flexible and adapt to learning new tools and systems is instrumental in your role on the team. Our environment is deadline driven, fast paced, and requires you to be detail-oriented and comfortable interacting and working with multiple teams (business and technical).
· Masters (MS) in Operations Research, Engineering, Supply Chain Management or similiar
· Fluent in English
· Strong analytical background; comfortable in ambiguous situation
· Previous managerial experience required to be effective in this role
· Strong business acumen and capacity to identify independently structural and intrinsic problems before it impacts our operations and projects
· Has a deep understanding of the business’ and end user’s needs, and can proficiently translate those needs into the right solutions applicable by our carriers or across functional teams within Amazon
· Capacity to bring fast-pace changes into concrete results through complex organizations and while facing ambiguous environment
· MBA preferred
· Fluency in English and one European language: Spanish, French or Italian
· Experience in Supply Chain and/or Transportation environment
· Strong analytical background; comfortable in ambiguous situations
· Broad experience, across functional and operational areas, designing, developing, deploying, and maintaining large scale projects
· Can properly prioritize competing projects across departments. Focus is on projects for an entire group or department, or a major piece of a larger cross-company product or project
· Has played a leadership role for several years
· Experience in using SQL and databases in a business environment
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Últimas ofertas de Sales
Creemos que la comunicación es más bonita contigo, queremos despertar la máxima expresión de ti mismo, que seas el verdadero protagonista de esta transformación, contando tu historia para innovador y seguir construyendo nuestra historia. Nos...
Cornellà de Llobregat, ES
Job Summary Provide efficient support for the customers, the Sales Department and the Finance Department, providing the best service in order to ensure product availability and technical advice. Performing administrative tasks in accordance with...