Central Operations refers to a new approach in Amazon Logistics to define a scalable solution to run the increasingly complex and growing last mile delivery network. Central Operations is a key strategic initiative with a vision to transform the way Amazon Logistics (AMZL) executes route planning, scheduling and last mile delivery.
We are looking for a Sr Analyst to join the team and drive improvement in processes and technology used within the operational team. This person will have the ability to excel and develop in new teams with a high degree of ambiguity. The role will provide opportunities to think big, develop original ideas, and partner with AMZL Planning, Transportation, Last Mile Tech, Operations and business expansion teams to develop a strategic approach to scale Central Operations.
As AMZL expands to become Europe´s largest parcel carrier the right person for this role will take a pivotal role in both prioritizing our external customers’ needs with multiple key departments KPIs. You will sit at a central junction point of the AMZL business with a unique opportunity not only help drive performance and scalability across Central Operations itself but the wider business. As the logistics landscape is continually evolving we need forward thinking focus on the next challenges we face.
As a Sr Analyst with Central Operations you will have a wide-ranging scope covering not only driving continuous improvement in our established key performance indicators but also be responsible for driving strategic initiatives across the business. The ideal candidate will be able to visualize the impact of challenges and initiatives not only in the short term but end to end across the Amazon organization.
The kind of questions you will help to answer are:
· How do we partner with multiple functions to drive on road efficiency whilst maintaining DSP engagement?
· What does the tech roadmap look like for the next 18-24 months? We need to build for tomorrow, not for today
· How do we help our external stakeholders and improve their datapoints, KPIs and processes to drive performance?
· Given AMZL growth over the next few years how can Central Operations partner and improve initiative management and rollout?
All of the above questions are extremely wide ranging in scope; on a day to basis here at AMZL Central Operations you will have the opportunity to answer similar questions. This involves daily interaction with multiple internal and external stakeholders across the Amazon ecosystem. This translates to a mix of daily activities. You will be expected to not only pull and transform data sets but also demonstrate critical thinking, generating insights and developing proposals to manage our challenges. This can range from the creation of new dashboards and reports to drive continuous improvement or spearheading a cross functional initiative with Amazon to launch a new program.
Responsibilities for this role will include:
- Enable effective decision making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources and compiling it into a digestible and actionable format
- Partnering with other analysts and BI engineers in planning and analytics to build analytical solutions to deliver on business goals
- Propose and implement business metrics for senior management reviews and work with business intelligence and data engineers to design and develop data infrastructure to support business growth
- Help define and drive the technology roadmap for
- Perform deep-dives to find the root causes behind variances of key parameters over a given time-period
- Harness data to create business requirements documents and guide actionable technology
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Computer Information Systems, Engineering, Operations Research, Mathematics or other business/analytical disciplines or equivalent
- 5+ years of professional experience as a Business Analyst, Data Analyst, or related
- Proficiency in SQL, Microsoft Excel, and statistical analysis tools
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate across business areas
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Computer Information Systems, Engineering, Operations Research, Mathematics or other business/analytical disciplines or equivalent
- Direct experience using business intelligence reporting tools (OBIEE, Business Objects, Cognos, Tableau, MicroStrategy, SSAS Cubes, etc.)
Working knowledge of Redshift
- Previous experience in creating detailed Business Requirement Documentation
- Background in geo-spatial analysis on any major GIS platform (ESRI, Pitney Bowes, QGIS etc.)
Últimas ofertas de Sales
Amazon Spain Services, S.L.
Are you curious about where your career in operations might take you? Amazon is looking for an experienced Investigations Manager with a passion for learning, to lead a team of Managers in Barcelona. This role will work across organisations to...
Desde el Grupo Adecco buscamos teleoperadores/as para un importante contact center para la incorporación a una de sus campañas del sector de el/la comercio electrónico/a. Requisitos Funciones: Dar soporte a la tienda online en gestión de tickets.