Transportation Specialist Specialist
This role covers Monday to Sunday (5 days/week, 40 hours/week).
At Amazon we believe that every day is still day one. A day to take the first step and a day to look forward to new challenges. And today is that day for you. It's your day to be part of something great. A day to make your ideas come to life and your day to join a company that redefines itself every day. That's the energy and passion behind Amazon.
EU ROC Overview
European ROC (Relay Operations Center) is the central control center for Transportation Execution across the Amazon's European Transportation network, supporting both domestic and inter-country transportation movements for European geographies. The team is responsible for planning and scheduling the trucks/vehicles to be placed at each of our fulfillment centers across Europe, based on various factors such as forecast, historical trends, vehicles capacity and carrier capabilities. ROC plays a critical role in ensuring the smooth functioning of Amazon's European transportation network and thereby has direct impact on Amazon's ability to serve customers on time.
Overview of a Transportation Specialist
Transportation Operations Specialist works across the EU in a cross-functional environment with Carriers, Supply Chain, FCs and the Retail organizations to determine future demand for Transportation resources, and translates the aforementioned into accurate capacity plans. S/he also maintains and reports up to date and accurate statistics, management reports and analysis. S/he also facilitates the flow of information between different stakeholders (Trans Carriers/Hubs/Warehouses) and resolves any potential issues that impact customer experience and business continuity. Transportation Operations Specialist also provide timely resolution to the issue in hand by researching and querying internal tools and by taking real-time decisions. An ideal candidate should be able to understand the requirements/be able to analyze data and notice trends and be able to drive Customer Experience without compromising on time. The candidate should have the basic understanding of Logistics and should be able to communicate clearly in the written and oral form.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Understanding of analytical simulations and assessments. Must be able to quickly understand the business impact of the trends and make decisions that make sense based on available data.
· Reporting and analysis through tools, portals and reports; following solution-driven approach to systems and processes, using advanced computer literacy (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word) and Data-warehouse analysis.
· Pull and report data from numerous databases (using Excel, Access, SQL and/or other data management systems) and to perform ad hoc reporting and analysis as needed is a plus – this ability will be developed over time for a candidate who is fundamentally strong analytically.
· Develop and understand performance metrics to assist with driving business results.
· Systematically escalate problems or variance in the information and data to the relevant owners and teams and follow through on the resolutions to ensure that they are delivered.
· Scope out business and functional requirements for the Amazon technology teams who create and enhance the software systems and tools are used by ROC.
· Communicate with external customers (Carriers, Vendors/Suppliers) and internal customers (Retail, Finance, Software Support, Fulfillment Centers).
· Provide real-time customer experience by working in 24x7 operating environment
· Knowledge of intermediate to advance Excel (Pivot Tables, VLookUps)
· Fluency in English and one of the following languages: Spanish, Italian, French
· Excellent communication, both verbal and written
· Strong inter-personal and relationship-building skills.
· Previous work experience in operations/supply chain/logistics/e-commerce is a plus.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success.
We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Últimas ofertas de Sales
GOBIERNO DE ASTURIAS
Datos de la oferta número: 032021002807 Fecha de inicio: 22/06/2021 Fecha de fin: 06/07/2021 Provincia: ASTURIASDescripción OFICIALES 1ª FONTANERÍA (REF.:2807) Datos Localidad de Ubicación del Puesto: OVIEDO(ASTURIAS) Datos adicionales Funciones: -...
GOBIERNO DE ASTURIAS
Datos de la oferta número: 032021002841 Fecha de inicio: 23/06/2021 Fecha de fin: 30/06/2021 Provincia: ASTURIASDescripción GRADUADO/A SOCIAL. (REF. 2841) Datos Localidad de Ubicación del Puesto: OVIEDO(ASTURIAS) Datos adicionales FUNCIONES:...