We are looking for a smart, passionate and analytical candidate with strong experience in Business Intelligence to join our growing team. The Tax Engine team is a part of the Global Tax Calculation Services Program, comprised of tax professionals and software engineers. This team is responsible for providing end-to-end global transaction tax calculation solutions (sales and use taxes, value-added taxes, good and services taxes, and other consumption taxes) to Amazon and thousands of other merchants selling on Amazon marketplaces and other e-commerce platforms.
About the role
As part of the Tax Engine team, you will be working in one of the world's largest and most complex data warehouse environments. With great business judgement, you will come up with new ways to transform data into actionable insights for management to take decisions. You should have deep expertise in the design, creation, management, and business use of extremely large datasets. In addition, you will have an understanding of IT application architecture and help the team of project managers with improvement initiatives. This is an excellent opportunity to use your excellent communication skills to work with researchers and business owners in a fast-paced environment to develop and define key business questions and requirements
· Design, develop and maintain optimized solutions that meet reporting or process improvement needs.
· Manage a portfolio of solutions, work with multiple stakeholders and communicate effectively progress and blockers with the project team and sponsors.
· Own the IT landscape of all Tax Engine applications and drive improvement efforts.
· Identify high impact business problems and collect requirements for solution development.
· Support the Tax Engine project teams with their technical questions
· Develop ETL (Extract, Transform, and Load) jobs, visualization dashboards and tools that support processes.
· Develop optimized scripts and visualizations that are fast and easy to comprehend.
· Adopt existing best practices or contribute to improving them; solution design, development, validation and documentation practices.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
· Bachelor's degree or higher in a quantitative/technical field (e.g. Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering).
· 3+ years of relevant experience in one of the following areas: business intelligence or data analytics.
· 3+ years of experience in ETL development
· Experience in using SQL to analyze data in a data warehouse and scripting languages such as Python, R, Bash or similar languages with applications for data analysis
· Experience in delivering complex and high impact BI solutions
· High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
· Proficiency in data visualization. (Tableau, Power Pivot, QuickSight or similar program) and dashboard building
· Financial background
· Technical Project Management experience
· Experience with software coding practices is a strong plus
Últimas ofertas de Software Development
<p>Dentro de la dirección de&nbsp;<strong>Gestión de la Energía y Redes</strong>, buscamos talento en la dirección de&nbsp;<strong>Redes Gas España</strong>&nbsp;para la posición...
En colaboración con el equipo técnico, las funciones del Electronic System Engineer serán: - Reunir los requisitos y necesidades del sistema propuesto por los clientes. - Definir y supervisar el desarrollo del sistema y las especificaciones de los...