Amazon is seeking an experienced and business orientated Design Technologist to be responsible for the development and maintenance of AEC design automation, tools and workflows for the EU Operations Design Program. The Design Technologist will support in defining processes, information flows and technology requirements for these deliverables.
Ideal candidates will have an established background in an engineering, architectural or fit-out environment with high work capacity & agility. They will be detail-orientated and data-driven with a talent for problem-solving and a positive can-do-attitude. In this role, the individual will ensure that customer needs for design process and artefacts are established and met through innovative use of technology and application customisations in a Revit/B360 environment. The design technologist is responsible for executing the roadmap of technology development within the Operations Design team; and the execution and maintenance of application solutions for design. This position involves close collaboration with the ODT Design Manager and cross-functional stakeholders to support consistency, design quality, efficiency, cost control, scalability and sustainability.
The role will be based in Barcelona(Spain) opportunity to travel within Europe.
Key job responsibilities
· Design and build automation tools for design and dependent processes to customise Autodesk software (Revit/B360/AutoCAD)
· Design and build automation workflows to increase design accuracy and efficiency
· Creation of plugins to enable intelligent design and automated validation against operational requirements
· Integrate and maintain the B360 platform for ODT
· Work with partner BI teams to integrate BIM models with the Global Engineering Services business intelligence ecosystem providing specialist knowledge in Revit
· Supporting the development of the technology innovation roadmap for the EU Operations Design Team
· Develop tools to enable interoperability between the varied software offerings in use by Amazon internal and external stakeholders (Revit/AutoCAD/Solidworks/Bluebeam/Navisworks etc)
· Lead cross functional training and familiarisation
· Create technical documentation and share global best practices
· Establish and maintain database connections to integrate design with business intelligence and enable the creation of metrics and KPIs including data visualisation (eg Tableau/PowerBI)
· Bachelor or Master Degree in architectural or related STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) subject for the role
· 3+ Years of proven experience in comparable roles as a technologist in an architectural/engineering design environment
· Experience interacting with cross-functional teams & subject-matter experts
· SME level knowledge of Autodesk Revit, Navisworks and B360 cloud platform
· Experience creating tools and automation for Autodesk products using Python, DesignScript and Dynamo
· Experience with Autodesk Forge or cloud integrations,
· Professional working knowledge using Microsoft Office Applications, MS Project etc
· Strong verbal and written communication skills in both native and English languages
· Flexibility for business travels within Europe
· Experience connecting Revit models with MySQL databases
· Experience working with data visualisation platforms such as PowerBI/Tableau
· Experience with C#, VB.NET
· Experience working with Git
· AWS platform experience, eg EC2, S3, DynamoDB, RDS
· Proficiency in additional European languages
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
¡No te pierdas nada!
Únete a la comunidad de wijobs y recibe por email las mejores ofertas de empleo
Nunca compartiremos tu email con nadie y no te vamos a enviar spamSuscríbete Ahora