Amazon strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company, where customers can research and purchase anything they might want online or offline. We set big goals and are looking for people who can help us reach and exceed them. Kindle is one example of this.
Kindle is the best-selling product in the history of Amazon.com, and the Kindle business is one of the most innovative and fastest growing businesses at Amazon. We provide customers a fully-integrated service with instant access to over 27 million movies, TV shows, magazines, newspapers, books, songs, apps, and games. Kindle is the most wished for, the most gifted, and the #1 bestselling product across the millions of products we sell on Amazon. Become part of the technology leadership in one of the fastest growing and most innovative businesses at Amazon.
We are seeking an innovative, results-oriented, technology leader to lead the technology site in Madrid. The leader is obsessed with offering great shopping and reading experiences and drive new technology and programs to grow digital reading. The site leader will build the technology team and grow the site and own critical part of the Kindle technology in the shopping and reading experience on mobile surfaces (phones and tablets), E-readers, as well as web stores.
Key Responsibilities include:
· Own building a new tech center and build strong engineering teams.
· Build new shopping features across multiple devices and apps.
· Build new reading features across multiple devices and apps.
· Innovate on behalf of customers.
· Develop scalable solutions that work globally in all countries and for all languages.
BSc. Degree required. Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical or Control Engineering MSc. or Ph.D. is preferred.
• Experience leading large diverse technology organizations and functions in multiple locations
•Track record of success defining and delivering innovative big ideas to drive long term results.
• Superior analytical skills. Demonstrated ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems. In particular, identifying customer needs and inventing new ways to meet those needs.
• Demonstrated ability to operate both strategically and tactically in a fast-paced environment.
• High degree of organization and ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously.
• Successful experience in hiring, people development, and managing large technology teams.
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) and collaboration skills that enable you to earn trust at all levels.
• Extreme attention to detail and willingness to roll up your sleeves.
• Experience in leading technology for online retail is preferred
This executive will have a reputation as a strong leader, team builder and someone who is very good at acquiring and developing great engineering talent; ideally having led teams of at least 100 people. He or she likely has a following and is known as someone people feel proud to work for. He or she will possess the ability to motivate, build rapport and communicate effectively with all employees.
This leader will think differently and creatively balancing long term architecture with short term deliverables and making technology selection that have company wide. Strong technical background (worked as developer in the past), strong operator, analytical thinker and problem solver with a data driven focus. The leader should be able to drive insight and action plans from data. He or she will have implemented or improved processes to gain efficiency and experience driving continuous improvement. He or she will have a proven ability to manage change and deal with adversity and rapidly changing operating conditions while still delivering results.
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
· Hires great people. Develops great people.
· Has relentlessly high standards
· Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
· Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
· Thinks big and has convictions
· Results oriented
· Has the innate ability to inspire passion in others
Últimas ofertas de Software Development
ACM INNOVACION Y PERSONAS SL
FUNCIONES DEL PUESTO Implementarás y desarrollarás componentes (componentes y servicios core de Liferay) Aportarás información relevante e influirás en el análisis y diseño de soluciones de plataforma digital. Participarás en la recolección de...
Are you the Data Entry Operator we're looking for? Are you a detail oriented professional with passion around managing data? Then you're the person we're looking for! Amadeus has created the Amadeus Hotel Platform (AHP) to provide an integrated...