Amazon is seeking an experienced and business-oriented EU Engineering Project Manager to coordinate the planning and execution of highly complex logistic process automation and storage projects for the continued expansion of our EU fulfillment network.
Ideal candidates will have Engineering Program and Project Management experience combined with an established technical problem-solving ability. The role will understand all aspects of an Amazon Fulfillment Center while focusing on its automation technologies (conveyance, sortation, robotics) and storage solutions. This person will be responsible for planning, designing and delivering state-of-the-art material handling systems and innovations, while coordinating internal teams and external contractors in order to effectively launch new Fulfillment Centers and expansions in existing sites. Amazon’s culture encourages an entrepreneurial approach and expects engineers and managers alike to take a high level of ownership in solving complex problems in a fast-paced environment.
The role will be based in Spain with 50% of time traveling to other EU countries.
· End-to-end ownership for large-scale engineering projects (planning, feasibility, design, installation, commissioning and qualification, launch support)
· Coordinate critical path items, dive deep on technical details and provide innovative solutions to resolve issues
· Assess and communicate project status, escalations on potential risks and delays across multiple teams
· Prepare and conduct weekly standing meetings with internal teams and external vendors/contractors to plan and track deliverables
· Lead technical design reviews and propose design solutions for material handling and storage solutions that meet both business needs and global design standards
· Assist in providing equipment specifications and technical support to procurement and other businesses
· Collaborate closely with various internal teams such as World-Wide Engineering, Construction, Operations, Reliability Maintenance Engineering, IT and Procurement
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, other technical field, or equivalent practical experience
· Project management experience in a large organization, working on feasibility, business case, design and deployment in a global environment.
· Experience leading a project team and engineering contractors in an operational environment.
· Fluency in English. Spanish/French/Italian are a plus
· Ability to lead teams, of both internal and external cross-functional partners, without direct management authority, for the delivery of projects within the agreed scope, time, budget.
· Experience leading multiple weekly standing meetings with internal teams and vendors to plan and track deliverables.
· Comfortable shifting between direct detailed analysis and big picture thinking.
· Outstanding influencing skills with the ability to connect the dots at an organizational, strategy and project level.
· Comfortable presenting to and facilitating decisions among senior leaders based on evolving priorities.
· Problem solver with excellent verbal/written communication skills and the ability to lead cross-functional process improvements.
· Comprehensive understanding of project management tools and operational, reliability & maintenance processes.
· Capacity to adapt quickly to changing priorities and navigate in a fast paced ambiguous environment
· Proven working knowledge using MS Excel, AutoCAD, MS Project and related software.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
¡No te pierdas nada!
Únete a la comunidad de wijobs y recibe por email las mejores ofertas de empleo
Nunca compartiremos tu email con nadie y no te vamos a enviar spamSuscríbete Ahora