Amazon is seeking a regional VAT Manager, preferably based in Barcelona or Madrid, to work on VAT planning, compliance and documentation for both new initiatives as well as on-going business activities covering primarily Spain, but also supporting wider EMEA.
This position will work closely with local business partners and members of the tax department to structure and understand transactions and restructurings. In addition, the position is to ensure VAT technical advice to support our VAT reporting, compliance, and on-going tax controversy requirements.
This position is not directly involved in day to day compliance but is responsible for assisting with the delivery of planning, real time coordination, and communication of various tax-related projects as well as collaborating with business partner contacts. This includes drafting the appropriate level of documentation to support analyses performed, decisions made and conclusions reached for purposes of reporting and compliance.
In order to be successful, the candidate must possess the ability to think strategically while also engaging in normal day-to-day tactical details.
The candidate must:
- Have in-depth VAT technical knowledge with experience evaluating and advising on business initiatives, contemplated transactions, and business proposals;
- Be able to support on extremely complex audit and controversy projects in a hands-on and dynamic way; and
- Be able to work and communicate effectively in Spanish and English.
The candidate should be able to effectively manage networks and stakeholders, and also must be able to communicate, written and verbally, complex VAT concepts in ways that are meaningful and useful to non-tax professionals.
Minimum of 6+ years of VAT experience with a global consulting firm, law firm or blue chip commercial organisation.
- Recognised professional tax qualification, chartered accountant or relevant law degree
- Detail-oriented individual who takes ownership of projects, is organized, possesses excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, and is able to deliver on tight deadlines
- Highly motivated, hard-working, and able to work in a fast paced, informal, and often ambiguous environment
- Able to clearly and concisely interface with all levels of management
- Able to analyze and review statutes, regulations, and case law and then extract data and make appropriate recommendations
- Effective interpersonal skills, including persuasive written and oral communication skills
Últimas ofertas de Computing / IT
Buscamos un Consultor Senior, con mas de 5 años de experiencia en SAP FICO e inglés Alto Conocimientos imprescindibles: Perfil Senior FICO (5 o más años de exp). Inglés alto Responsabilidad y funciones: Perfil consultor SAP FICO Senior
Descripción de la empresa<br><br><strong>¿Qué es TheCUBE?<br><br></strong>TheCUBE es un ecosistema de innovación y tecnología impulsado por emprendedores para crear y transformar industrias a través de metodologías...