Amazon is currently looking for a passionate and highly motivated accounting professional to join its ever-growing Madrid accounting team to take an active role in monthly, quarterly and yearly close processes for group reporting and statutory accounts purposes. This individual will be an exceptional accounting professional, who consistently exceeds expectations, thrives in a challenging workplace environment, and can actively contribute to supporting our rapidly growing business activity in Spain.
This position will work cross-functionally and will have regular interaction with key business partners in connection with preparation of local statutory and group reporting.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Preparing statutory and group (US GAAP) accounts and driving accounting activities, including monthly, quarterly and yearly closing of the local ledgers for statutory and group purposes in order to comply with internal and external reporting requirements;
· Monthly maintenance of the local statutory ledgers prepared in compliance with the highest standards;
· Preparing and reviewing monthly balance sheet account reconciliations, journal entries, accruals, etc.;
· Preparation of various deliverables to support both internal and external financial reporting needs, including analytic commentary and the preparation of supplementary financial analysis for management and other stakeholders;
· Working closely with business partners in the EU, and globally, to maintain efficient and compliant accounting processes, effective controls and identify process improvement opportunities;
· Actively participating in improvement initiatives, standardization, re-engineering of processes and controls, and implementation of best practices, working closely with systems teams and demonstrating strong understanding of financial accounting systems;
· Conducting thorough analysis of complex accounting issues and preparing US and Local GAAP technical position papers; and
· Preparing data analysis and supporting schedules required in an audit processes.
· Minimum 4+ years of experience with an emphasis on accounting, preferably gained by working for a medium to large international company in a fast-paced and changing environment or within one of the Big Four and/or ;
· Deep knowledge of Spanish GAAP/US GAAP, statutory compliance and filings and the related requirements;
· Strong understanding of processes and controls;
· Demonstrated history of solving multiple and complex accounting and operational challenges and excellent analytical skills;
· Detail-oriented yet able to reflect on and understand the big picture;
· Strong communication skills, both verbal and written. Fluent in business English;
· Proactive, and results-driven, able to correctly set priorities and meet challenging deadlines;
· Excellent interpersonal skills;
· Applying knowledge of multiple reporting systems to deliver solutions. This requires advanced computer literacy and the aptitude to understand system dependencies;
· University degree in business/economics/accounting; and
· Demonstrating strong technical accounting skills required in order to arrive to and document accounting conclusions.
· Strong written and oral communication skills;
· Results oriented personality, with a strong desire to exceed expectations;
· Knowledge of Oracle Financial Applications and HFM would be a plus;
· Must be comfortable working in cross-functional teams and in a fast paced company.
Últimas ofertas de Sales
Gestionar su cartera de clientes, tanto a nivel comercial como administrativo. Requisitos: - Vivir en Valencia o cercanías. - Experiencia mínima de un año en funciones comerciales y/o atención al cliente. - Don de gentes. - Habilidades para conectar...
¿Tienes experiencia en atención al cliente en el sector salud? ¿Quieres seguir desarrollándote profesionalmente? ESTA ES TU OPORTUNIDAD! Desde Adecco estamos seleccionando teleoperadores/as para dar soporte de atención al cliente a una conocida...