You click on your screen, and next day an Amazon parcel arrives at your doorstep. It must be magic, right?
Well, not entirely.
It’s a mixture of precision, invention, and world class supply chain logistics. It’s a host of teams working closely together to deliver a slick experience for our customers. It’s the use of data to understand what’s going to be needed and making sure we’re ready to handle the demand. It’s paying attention to the detail whilst also having a really good understanding of the big picture. It might even be you.
Amazon opened its virtual doors in 1995 and strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online. Here in the EU Launch & Expansion capacity team we’re particularly interested in the last mile; how we get that package from a local delivery station to your door. And how we do that consistently and repeatedly across all geographies, from sparsely populated rural areas to congested urban inner-cities. If you are experienced in handling complex data sets, and you have a mindset for simplifying, streamlining and automating, you could be the right person to help us.
We’re looking for help to support the strategic expansion of our network across Europe. You’re a fast learner, which is handy as you’ll learn a lot and apply it quickly. AMZL is a continually evolving place where employee ownership and accountability lead to results. This position involves regular communication with senior management. You’re used to large, complex projects. You are comfortable manipulating and making sense of large volumes of data pulled from multiple sources. Cross-team coordination, and the ability to make the complex seem simple are essential; this is a great place to be highly influential.
Along with your talent for data manipulation, you are a natural self-starter, and are comfortable with ambiguity. You are used to working collaboratively and have the ability to influence without authority. You will enjoy developing broad and strong relationships and finding opportunities to streamline our business. You will nurture and build on existing partnerships, demonstrate results, and help keep Amazon’s last mile logistics slick and scalable as we grow. Come challenge yourself in our team-oriented atmosphere, and help make the magic!
You will serve as a key member of the Capacity Planning team within the AMZL EU Launch and Expansion team, who are responsible for growing Amazon’s last mile delivery capability across Europe. Your focus will be on optimization, automation and scalability: Looking at the processes, reporting and insight we need to have in place to let us scale effectively over the next 3-5 years, and building the data automation that lets us do that: Where do we need near-real-time insight? What needs to be done to deliver that? What’s the best way of visualising? Scalability is also about the processes and mechanisms we use internally to manage and forecast capacity, and you’ll be streamlining and improving those too. You’ll be working with the real estate teams who are finding the right sites for us, the launch teams building our delivery stations, the operations teams who run those sites, and the planning teams who understand future demand. You’ll have a big hand in making sure we have enough capacity to meet our customers’ needs across Europe over the coming years.
Teamwork and collaboration is key to our success, so your experience of working and leading matrixed, cross functional teams will stand you in good stead. You are able to separate what's important from what's urgent, find the best path forward from among multiple scenarios, earn the trust of stakeholders, and improve the efficiency of our organization. You’ll also take pleasure out of coaching and developing the wider team.
Handling the volume of data we use to optimize our last mile delivery is not trivial. Be under no illusions – this is a complex space. When things do go wrong (and they will), you’re happy to dive deep and get to the detail so we can learn and benefit from our mistakes. Dealing with risks and issues is meat and drink to you. You’ll need to be a confident communicator, both spoken and written; we thrive on the written word! You can create and present clear, concise and actionable documents, whether working with internal teams, or providing updates to business leadership. Your communications skills help create wide bridges across the many teams who pull together to make the magic happen, so that we avoid silos and work in partnership to deliver the best results for our customers.
We pride ourselves on our agility; market conditions can change unexpectedly and that means that dealing with urgent, last-minute requests is normal! You will be prepared for the unexpected and will be used to adapting your plans to handle it.
Above all, you’ll deliver results in a fast paced, exciting environment!
Role will require ability to travel across Europe (approx. 4-8 weeks per year)
· A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (computer science, supply chain, economics, etc.) or commensurate industry experience.
· Managed complex data-intensive programs or projects, working with internal or customer stakeholders to solve tough problems.
· Experience building complex SQL queries.
· Improved customer experience and processes beyond your assigned remit
· Prior experience in stakeholder management, dealing with multiple stakeholders at varied levels of the organization – subject matter experts, functional leads, departmental heads, directors, etc.
· Communication skills, including the ability to write detailed proposals, reports and other documents, backed by statistical measurements.
· Experience in manipulating and analysing data to drive decisions.
· Delivered results in a fast-paced work environment.
· Experience in working in complex and frequently ambiguous spaces; making sense of multiple conflicting requirements and being able to achieve a balance across them.
· Worked under tight timelines with minimal supervision.
· Played multiple roles in parallel, sometimes supporting, sometimes leading. § A hands-on, “roll up your sleeves” mindset, with a strong personality and ability to be a driver and change agent in an organization.
· Masters or other advanced degree
· Experience building Tableau reports and visualisations
· Experience in supply chain logistics
· Experience in working with operations
· Process improvement accreditation
· Project Management accreditation
¡No te pierdas nada!
Únete a la comunidad de wijobs y recibe por email las mejores ofertas de empleo
Nunca compartiremos tu email con nadie y no te vamos a enviar spamSuscríbete Ahora