Over 2 million Sellers in 10 countries list their products for sale on the Amazon Marketplace. Sellers are a critical part of Amazon’s ecosystem to deliver on our vision of offering the Earth’s largest selection and lowest prices. These Sellers offer hundreds of millions of unique products providing a broad and diverse inventory of products from books, electronics, and apparel to consumables and beyond. In our vision to build a global marketplace, we will enable Sellers to list, make their selection available to customers globally while optimizing their inventory placement across multiple countries.
Amazon is seeking a VAT expert with experience in European VAT compliance technology to assist the VAT Services on Amazon team, supporting Sellers with their European VAT obligations. As part of a larger team, this position will support in the design, development and maintenance of core VAT compliance technologies at a PAN EU level. This includes implementing a VAT control framework to ensure the technology remains up to date and accurate according to the latest VAT legislative and associated business changes.
The candidate should be comfortable working in a highly ambiguous environment. Ownership of work is extremely important, and candidates should have a proven record of working with projects to their completion. The ideal candidate is motivated, agile, with strong time management and project management skills. This opportunity requires excellent troubleshooting, problem-solving, and communication skills. At the core of the position is high attention to detail and delivering high quality results on time.
As the owner of VAT accuracy of the compliance technology, you will:
- Work with internal and external partners to collect and understand upcoming changes from a legislative and business standpoint
- Convert legislative and business changes into system technical requirements, lead the implementation of these changes and ensure end to end accuracy of the system
- Work with the Amazon tax team as well as internal and external business partners to ensure continued compliance assurance of the systems
- Actively participating in projects throughout their life-cycle – from design through delivery – with an emphasis on testing to ensure that projects conform to the business requirements and rules.
- Supporting and maintaining the tax rate and rule content
- Data error checking, validation, and exception reporting
- Supporting E-filing of electronic formats for direct filing with tax offices
- Actively identify and address Seller related VAT/system issues through problem solving and analytics, identifying required technical solutions while listening to Sellers to bring value added opportunities to VAT service on Amazon business
· Team player who is confident in communicating with others and able to work with minimal supervision
· Demonstrate ownership, initiate and implement change with a problem solving approach
· Organized and methodical with attention to detail
· Strong analytical skills including Microsoft Excel and other software
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal in English
· Ability to communicate technical matters clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences
· At least 4-5 years of experience in a VAT compliance role in a multinational and/or professional organization.
· Ideally, 2-3 years of experience in managing VAT compliance software or other tax technology
· Experience of advisory or compliance in Big 4 firms is an advantage
· Proven skills in data retrieval techniques such as SQL
· Experience using BI tools such as Alteryx, Quicksight, or Tableau
· Although no specific programming language is required – you should be familiar with the syntax of languages such as Java, Python
Últimas ofertas de Healthcare
ENFERMERO/A URGENCIAS - VITHAS AGUAS VIVAS¿Te apasiona tu trabajo? ¿Tienes experiencia trabajando como enfermero/a?Si la respuesta es sí, ¡te estamos buscando!Spring Professional selecciona un/a enfermero/a de Urgencias para el Hospital Vithas Aguas...
Quirónsalud Quirónsalud es la compañía líder en España en prestación de servicios sanitarios. Contamos con expertos de prestigio internacional en el ámbito biomédico y con un gran equipo de profesionales sanitarios y no sanitarios que trabaja día a...