Our team is seeking a Regional Environmental Engineer (REE) who will lead and drive environmental operational excellence across our Amazon Transportation Services (ATS) in Spain. They will also provide technical support at our existing operations and future expansion across Spain.
This role is responsible for ensuring strategy and operational tactics are executed by providing technical support for existing operations and future expansion across multiple facilities across Spain.
This role will report to the non FC (Fulfillment Center) Business Environmental Leader (BEL) through the Global Environmental Assurance and Protection team. The REE will travel up to 50%.
The REE partner with the ATS Sort Center operations leadership teams to execute company environmental procedures and ensure compliance with all applicable specific country, state/province, region and local regulations. Utilizing risk assessments and compliance evaluations, this individual will lead site specific continuous improvement initiatives to minimize environmental aspects and impacts and communicate and implement best practices. They must be able to lead a team to ensure success for business support.
Regional Environmental Engineer Responsibilities:
· Manage and execute multi-site responsibilities to comply with air emissions, stormwater, waste, wastewater and other environmental related laws, regulations and permits. This includes required Federal, State/Province and local reporting
· Manage and execute business conformance with Amazon Global Environmental Management Systems through effective execution of Amazon Geo-Specific Operational Environmental Procedures.
· Monitor and provide guidance on site performance against applicable environmental regulations, programs and Amazon global standards
· Ensure site leadership and Associates are trained and knowledgeable of their qualifications of the trainer), and effectiveness of all required environmental training
· Analyze environmental metrics and review weekly and monthly trends to determine where improvements are needed
· Measure and analyze sites’ performance against published requirements in environmental policies. For all deficiencies, identify a plan for the site to implement and fix all identified deficiencies
· Oversee work performed by relevant Site Environmental Technician (SET) and consultants
· Execute relevant environmental procedures as dictated by business and regulatory needs. Train and monitor to ensure proper execution
· Assist sites with action plan development for any deficiencies noted from trends, audits and inspections
· Evaluate and develop process improvements for identified risks.
· Facilitate root cause analyses for all environmental incidents and recommend appropriate corrective actions for network implementation
· Show initiative to identify and implement corrective actions to eliminate any observed non-compliance or potential non-compliance situations
· Fluent in Spanish and English
· A completed Bachelor’s Degree in civil, chemical or environmental engineering or related field of engineering study
· 4+ years of experience serving as an environmental technical resource, program specialist, or program manager
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including comfort interfacing with site and regional leaders
· Must be detailed minded and technically oriented to comfortably deep dive with engineering teams to understand operations process for environmental risk assessment.
· In depth knowledge of EU, country and region specific
· Experience in engaging with Regulatory Agencies in permit applications
· Experience managing change in multiple site environments and the ability to influence peers and superiors
· Broad knowledge of EU environmental regulations
· Experience in warehouse operations and logistics is preferred
· Proficient in Microsoft Office and the use of pivot tables and the development of charts and graphics
· Ability to manage multiple sites/remotely
Últimas ofertas de Software Development