This is a fixed term contract for 12 months
Our team is seeking a Regional Environmental Manager (REM) who will lead and drive environmental operational excellence across our Non-Customer Fulfillment operations within EU (Ex: Retail, AMZL, ATS etc.). They will also provide technical support at our existing operations and future expansion across the European Union.
The role will report to the Business Environmental Leader through the Global Environmental Assurance and Protection team.
The REM will also partner with the operations leadership teams to execute company environmental procedures and ensure compliance with all applicable specific EU, country, state/province, region and local regulations. Utilizing risk assessments and compliance evaluations, this individual will lead continuous improvement initiatives to minimize environmental aspects and impacts and communicate and implement best practices. They must be able to lead a team to ensure success for business support.
Regional Environmental Manager Responsibilities:
· Manage and execute multi-site responsibilities to comply with air emissions, stormwater, waste, wastewater and other environmental related laws, regulations and permits. This includes required Federal, State/Province and local reporting
· Manage and execute business conformance with Amazon Global Environmental Management Systems through effective execution of Amazon Geo-Specific Operational Environmental Procedures.
· Monitor and provide guidance on site performance against applicable environmental regulations, programs and Amazon global standards
· Ensure site leadership and Associates are trained and knowledgeable of their responsibilities under each policy. Audit the quality, delivery (including qualifications of the trainer), and effectiveness of all required environmental training
· Provide strategic environmental support and regulatory review for future business growth and expansion
· Partner with operations support team and the R&D in supporting the change management process
· Analyze environmental metrics and review weekly and monthly trends to determine where improvements are needed
· Measure and analyze sites’ performance against published requirements in environmental policies. For all deficiencies, identify a plan for the site to implement and fix all identified deficiencies
· Insist on the highest standards to ensure protection of business risks
· Oversee work performed by relevant contractors and consultants
· Build collaborative relationships with various stakeholders to ensure risks are identified early and managed in a timely manner
· Conduct risk assessments and audits as necessary
· Establish project milestones for plan development and permitting at new launch locations or site expansions
· Assist sites with recordkeeping and periodic reviews to ensure record retention requirements are met
· Ensure compliance calendar regulatory requirements and Amazon program tasks are current
· Ensure equipment that requires environmental PMs is appropriately logged and tracked
· Develop relevant environmental procedures as dictated by business and regulatory needs. Train and monitor to ensure proper execution
· Assist sites with action plan development for any deficiencies noted from trends, audits and inspections
· Evaluate and develop process improvements for identified risks.
· Facilitate root cause analyses for all environmental incidents and recommend appropriate corrective actions for network implementation
· Show initiative to identify and implement corrective actions to eliminate any observed non-compliance or potential non-compliance situations
· Fluent in Spanish and English
· A completed Bachelor’s Degree in civil, chemical or environmental engineering or related field of engineering study
· 6+ years of experience serving as an environmental technical resource, program specialist, or program manager
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including comfort interfacing with site and regional leaders
· Must be detailed minded and technically oriented to comfortably deep dive with engineering teams to understand operations process for environmental risk assessment.
· In depth knowledge of EU, country and region specific
· Experience in engaging with Regulatory Agencies in permit applications
· Experience managing change in multiple site environments and the ability to influence peers and superiors
· Must be willing to travel up to 50%
· Broad knowledge of EU environmental regulations
· Experience in warehouse operations and logistics is preferred
· Experience demonstrating a high level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others and achieve results
· Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability
· Ability to develop and implement department goals and strategies
· Ability to adapt well to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, and strategy
· Proficient in Microsoft Office and the use of pivot tables and the development of charts and graphics
· Ability to manage multiple sites/remotely
¡No te pierdas nada!
Únete a la comunidad de wijobs y recibe por email las mejores ofertas de empleo
Nunca compartiremos tu email con nadie y no te vamos a enviar spamSuscríbete Ahora