Are you interested on understanding how purchase and delivery experience for small businesses and large corporations works within Amazon? Can you help improve the way we customise processes to better suit the needs of companies looking to procure essential products for their operation?
We are Amazon Business Cart-to-Delivery team and we are looking to expand the way we serve B2B customers by innovating on the supply chain processes that are key to our integration.
AB aims to become the most customer-centric provider of products and procurement services for business, government, and industry in the world. We’re off to a big start. After launching in 2015 in the United States, Amazon Business quickly reached $1 billion in annualized revenue. Now we’re expanding outside the United States. Building on top of Amazon’s long history of customer focus and innovation, and our drive to think big, AB is addressing a new set of customer needs in a vast new market segment. While we can rely on Amazon’s existing capabilities in user experience, convenience, selection, pricing and logistics, we need to re-invent core parts of the purchase and delivery experience to serve the needs of businesses and other institutional buyers – from the kinds of products we offer, to our fulfilment methods, to close integration with corporate purchasing systems.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, customer obsessed, Operations Research Scientist with good analytical skills to help manage projects and operations, implement scheduling solutions, improve metrics, and develop scalable processes and tools.
The primary role of an Operations Research Scientist within Amazon is to address business challenges through building a compelling case, and using data to influence change across the organization. This individual will be given responsibility on their first day to own those business challenges and the autonomy to think strategically and make data driven decisions.
Decisions and tools made in this role will have significant impact to the customer experience, as it will have a major impact on how the entire delivery experience is done at Amazon for our B2B customers.
Strong candidates will be a high potential, strategic and analytic graduate with a PhD in (Operations Research, Statistics, Engineering, and Supply Chain) ready for challenging opportunities in the core of our world class operations space. Great candidates have a history of operations research, and the ability to use data and research to make changes.
This role requires robust program management skills and research science skills in order to act on research outcomes. This individual will need to be able to work with a team, but also be comfortable making decisions independently, in what is often times an ambiguous environment.
Responsibilities may include:
· Develop input and assumptions based preexisting models to estimate the costs and savings opportunities associated with the implementation of new products aimed to improve customer experience
· Creating metrics to measure business performance, identify root causes and trends, and prescribe action plans
· Managing multiple projects simultaneously
· Working with technology teams and product managers to develop new tools and systems to support the growth of the business
· Communicating with and supporting various internal stakeholders and external audiences
· PhD in Supply Chain, Engineering, Math, Business Analytics, Transportation, Operations Research or other Operations disciplines; or equivalent PhD level degree is required
· Minimum 5 to 10 years of industry experience in the operations, general management or engineering fields
· Experience in statistical modelling using R Python, SAS, Minitab or similar tools and optimization using Xpress, Cplex or other similar solver tools.
· Strong analytical skills including SQL, including the ability to pull data and use data to identify and solve ambiguous problem
· Experience with operations and delivery methodologies such as Lean/Six Sigma
· Technical aptitude and familiarity with the design and utilization of complex systems
· Knowledge of Java, Python, R, Tableau, and SQL required.
· Superior professional written and communication skills
· A PhD in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Mathematics, Machine Learning, AI, Statistics, or equivalent)
· 10+ years of experience working in data science in a consumer product company interacting with Machine Learning Scientists, Data Scientists, Research Scientists, Applied Scientists, and/or Economists
· Extensive knowledge and practical experience in several of the following areas: machine learning, statistics, NLP, deep learning, recommendation systems, dialogue systems, information retrieval
· Skilled with Java, C++, or other programming language, as well as with R, SAS, MATLAB, Python or similar scripting language
· Ability to distill informal customer requirements into problem definitions, dealing with ambiguity and competing objectives
· Advanced knowledge and expertise with Data modelling skills, Advanced SQL
· Ability to manage and quantify improvement in customer experience or value for the business resulting from research outcomes
· Demonstrated industry leadership in the fields of Database and/or Data Warehousing, Data Sciences and Big Data processing.
· Deep understanding of data, application, server, and network security
· Advanced knowledge of Java, Python, Tableau and R.
· Functional knowledge of AWS platforms such as S3, Glue, Athena, Sagemaker.
· Advanced knowledge of machine learning algorithms such as XGBoost, LightGBM, ElasticNet.
Amazon Science (www.amazon.science) gives you insight into the company’s approach to customer-obsessed scientific innovation. Amazon fundamentally believes that scientific innovation is essential to being the most customer-centric company in the world. It’s the company’s ability to have an impact at scale that allows us to attract some of the brightest minds in artificial intelligence and related fields. Our scientists continue to publish, teach, and engage with the academic community, in addition to utilizing our working backwards method to enrich the way we live and work.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/internal/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
¡No te pierdas nada!
Únete a la comunidad de wijobs y recibe por email las mejores ofertas de empleo
Nunca compartiremos tu email con nadie y no te vamos a enviar spamSuscríbete Ahora