Do you want to reach the next level in your career? Are you looking for new challenges and solving hard problems while using top-notch technologies? Join us and you'll help millions of customers to discover the best from a multi-billion product selection!
Discovery Tech team helps customers discover and engage with new, popular and relevant products across Amazon worldwide. We do this by combining technology, science, innovation and creativity to build new customer-facing features and experiences alongside cutting edge tools for marketers.
You will be responsible for creating products that help customers to shop cross-category, easily discover new ideas, new categories and new brands and have fun while shopping. Through leveraging machine-learning models, you will drive opportunities to automate Amazon’s cross-category marketing and merchandising and will help to deliver the best possible shopping experience for Amazon’s customers all over the globe.
We believe in regular feature development and frequent experimentation, allowing us to continuously improve the customer experience. You will have the opportunity to explore the many channels Amazon provides for customer outreach and engagement, both onsite and offsite. The team provides a great opportunity to make an outsized impact in a burgeoning space and on fresh or even yet to be built products and services. There are few opportunities anywhere to start on a new team and make an immediate impact at this scale. We need bright and very talented people to help us fulfil our mission of making Amazon the most loved shopping destination for each customer in the World!
We are looking for a Senior Business Intelligence Engineer (BIE) to join our team. This is a unique, high visibility opportunity for someone with a passion to dive deep into large-scale data sets, surface data that provide unique insights to leaders and ultimately have an impact on the customer experience and the direction of our business.
This position requires excellent statistical and analytical abilities, dealing with ambiguity and new, complex problems, including coming up with new metrics and ways to report, deep knowledge of business intelligence solutions and data engineering practices, and the ability to collaborate with various teams across Amazon. The successful candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, capable of working in a fast-paced environment, possess a strong attention to detail and business acumen, and able to collaborate with internal customers to understand and transform business problems into requirements and deliverables.
· Work closely with product, engineering and science teams to design and implement metrics and reports for a new team, including reporting to leadership
· Collaborate with partner teams (BIEs, economists, scientists) to establish and improve measurement for experiments
· Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL.
· Apply mathematical modelling to data and metadata for ad hoc and pre-built reporting.
· Interface with business customers to gather requirements and deliver complete reporting solutions.
· Design, develop, and maintain ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions.
· Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis, including data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
· Improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customers.
· Participate in strategic and tactical planning discussions, including annual budget processes.
· BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems Finance or related field
· 5+ years of demonstrated experience in data modeling, ETL, data warehousing, and transformation of large scale data sources using SQL, Redshift, Oracle, or other Big Data technologies
· Strong analytical skills with SQL/R, including the ability to pull data and use data to identify and solve ambiguous problem.
· Experience conducting large scale data analysis to support business decision making
· Advanced ability to draw insights from data and clearly communicate them to the stakeholders and senior management as required.
· Advanced skills in Excel as well as any data visualization tools like Tableau or similar BI tools
· Experience of complex operational, process, and performance improvement projects
· Be self-driven, and show ability to deliver on ambiguous projects with incomplete or dirty data
· Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
· Ability and interest in working in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment
· Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Statistics, Finance or related field
· Expert in writing and tuning SQL scripts
· Experience working in very large data warehouse environments and statistical analysis
· Experience in a data engineer or BIE role with a technology company
¡No te pierdas nada!
Únete a la comunidad de wijobs y recibe por email las mejores ofertas de empleo
Nunca compartiremos tu email con nadie y no te vamos a enviar spamSuscríbete Ahora