At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. Amazon regularly builds and extends its’ Fulfilment Centers, Sortation Centers and Delivery Stations to serve its customers. To get there, the need to deliver construction projects at a faster pace and the ability to accurately estimate the cost of new projects is of utmost importance. Therefore, we are looking for exceptionally talented, bright and driven people to drive innovation in Procurement Cost Engineering. This is your chance to make history.
We are seeking an experienced, versatile and customer obsessed Senior Procurement Manager, Cost Engineering who will be responsible for driving cost engineering initiatives in construction procurement. The ideal candidate has several years of experience in procurement/cost engineering with an expertise in construction and civil engineering. Alternatively, the candidate is a civil or mechanical engineer or architect with a deep understanding of construction cost drivers and ideally experience in supplier negotiations.
Ability to steer extended cross-discipline virtual teams as well as project management and executive presentation skills are essential. This opportunity requires excellent technical, problem-solving, and communication skills. Ideal candidates thrive in a rapidly advancing, changing, delivery-focused environments.
· Develop overall procurement cost-engineering roadmap and establish should-costing for construction procurement
· Lead change management while introducing new cost engineering and design-to-cost approach across the procurement function and suppliers
· Utilize costing methodologies and appropriate software tools to prepare reliable bottom-up cost models and should-cost targets during design, specification and development process in close collaboration with category managers, engineering and construction
· Support preparation and evaluation of call for tenders and supplier quotations, prepare negotiation dossiers from cost engineering viewpoint in close collaboration with category managers
· Ensure supplier quotations meet ‘should cost’ estimates, support negotiations by challenging quotations using technical analysis aiming for cost reductions
· Advise on the cost impact of changes in specification
· Collaborate with suppliers and internal customers to investigate and identify product innovations and design-to-cost initiatives with the ultimate target to achieve cost improvement
· Develop new and enhance existing specification templates with category managers
· Define cost engineering KPIs and scorecards to track and challenge supplier performance, to improve supplier performance and strengthen business partnerships
· Communicate with and support management decisions by providing appropriate cost information
· Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Construction/Mechanical Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Construction Management or equivalent
· Construction management experience, preferably in European market
· Demonstrated cost management and estimating experience with industrial buildings - work breakdown structure, bottom-up calculation and comparison with cost-breakdown-structure from supplier and industry benchmark
· Expertise in software programs for cost management such as CostX, PreEst, etc.
· Good IT systems knowledge and skills including advanced Excel skills
· Proven track record in project management
· MSc. / MBA
· Deep understanding of the procurement process and/or cost engineering, ideally in manufacturing or engineering environment
· Experience negotiating construction, procurement and labour contracts in Europe
· Ability to comfortably and confidently present and influence all levels within the organization and to work with both technical and non-technical teams
· Strong change management skills
· Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial, as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively and prioritize tasks
· Results oriented person with a strong delivery focus who can work
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Últimas ofertas de Law Enforcement
Descrizione Process Improvement Manager Villalbilla Box Plant (Madrid) Por Qué Este Trabajo Es Para Ti Como responsable de los procesos de mejora, esta posición se encargará de asegurar la optimización de los procesos de la fábrica, tanto de las...
Compañía líder en el sector de las bebidas vitaminadas.|Referente en el mercado europeo. About Our Client Compañía multinacional en pleno proceso de crecimiento en el mercado español. Job Description Reportando al máximo responsable de la compañía en...