At Amazon, we're working to be the Earth’s most customer-centric company. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. The Subject Matter Experts (SME) work across technology and operations teams on the prioritization, development, optimization, and sustainment of the technology and related process in order to positively impact customer experience while supporting business growth.
The SME team acts as a catalyst for change by driving innovation at the operator level, prioritizing technology initiatives and supporting engineering design innovations. The SMEs strive to be experts in Amazon’s operation systems. They are accountable to delivering world class solutions through optimizing and reinventing the existing technology.
The SME organization are functional experts on the software tools in a given process areas and their application in the AMZL network. A successful manager in this organization has strong program management experience to define the process the team uses to deliver best in class tech to the field. This team looks for ways to automate human decision making by influencing Technology to build and update tools that reduce process complexity to deliver robust processes.
Amazon is seeking a Sr. Program Manager, Sort Planning Execution to work within Amazon Logistics (AMZL).
· Developing target condition for pain points within the delivery network along with financial impact
· Serve as gatekeeper in assigned process areas for the change management process
· Partner with tech organization on the business requirement documents (BRD)
· Highlights areas of business risk and impact for Technology Team resource allocation and provide input on software design to support lean processes and standard work
· Act as gatekeeper for prioritizing software enhancements and feature requests submitted by the sites and serve as the interface with the delivery stations to drive adoption of changes
· Support process improvements, best practice sharing, and standardization across all Amazon Logistics processes using Lean principles
· Measure and establish standard rates for standard work to be used for labor and capacity planning
· Provide metrics inputs that support compliance of standard work and that drives improvements in cost and quality
· Collaborate with counterparts in other functional areas (Safety, Quality, Learning, Loss Prevention) as well as the Operations Engineering team and Delivery Stations Launch SME team to drive standardization of core process elements to support network growth and scale
· Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, or other technical field from an accredited university or equivalent experience
· Proven management experience in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment
· Strong product and project management and analytical skills; ability to lead projects at a network level to influence and obtain buy-in, and then drive execution, analysis and achievement of the right results.
· Exceptional communication (both written and verbal) skills
· Travel approx. 25% to EU Delivery Stations required.
· MBA or Master's Degree in Engineering, Operations, or a related field
· Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills paired with hands-on attitude, excellent attention to detail, and good business judgment.
· Experience managing tasks with statistical, financial, strategic and operational analysis and modeling involving large data sets to: support and improve business operations; implement best practices; and conduct cost benefit analysis.
· Demonstrated bias for action and an ability to deal with ambiguity. Proven ability to influence others without having positional authority
· Experience working with Software Development Engineers to develop technical solutions to operational problems
· Strong project management and organizational skills, experience working on complex initiatives with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
· Excellent communication skills, ability to simplify complex topics for broad audiences
· Ability to handle changing priorities and use good judgment in stressful situations
· Ability to Deep Dive and develop innovative ideas for process challenges
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Últimas ofertas de Software Development
SIMPSON BOOTH LTD
We are seeking a Senior QA Automation to join a growing team responsible for both manual and automation focused testing with the aim of improving the test automation solution, designing automation frameworks and lead the implementation of test...
ELECTRONIC ARTS INC.
Requisition Number: 163843 Date Opened: 2021-01-26 We are EA! And we make games - how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is...