Amazon in Spain continues to grow and launch new products and we have several openings for Senior Software Engineers to technically lead a team.
Our tech hubs in Madrid and Barcelona are the largest in EMEA with 600+ developers. You will have tons of opportunities to grow a technical career/individual contributor career right here in Spain. Plus, Amazon Madrid offers a competitive salary package and benefits.
We will consider you for a variety of teams within Consumer such as International Technology, Kindle and Amazon Business. At the offer stage, you can choose the team and location that you would like to join.
These are senior roles (may be called Lead / Principal Engineer elsewhere!), where you lead the design and implementation of large-scale efforts from the technical perspective. You will drive the direction of the software architecture and work with other teams on integration. In addition to owning the architecture of a larger product, you will lead code reviews, mentor engineers, and drive important technical decisions.
The role will not just be fixed on your own team: you’ll become part of a special and unique Amazon community, full of likeminded peers to bounce ideas off and be creative with.
Together with the rest of the engineers you will be responsible for delivering production-ready code that will be used by hundreds of millions of Amazon customers, and you will own end-to-end the customer experience of the services and features that you build.
As a Sr. software development engineer, you will have a significant impact on the way customers, including friends and family, experience Amazon daily.
Sr. SDEs at Amazon do so much more than just software development. We'll be looking at you to help:
· Decide what features to build
· Drive software engineering best practice.
· Design performant, distributed and scalable systems
· Strategize and shape our long-term vision and architecture
· Lead code reviews and mentor engineers
You’ll have the opportunity to shape our product roadmap and business direction and work and consult with principal engineers who are world-class experts in the field.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field with 5+ years relevant work experience
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
· Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
· Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Python
· Experience designing and building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems for commercial online services.
· Excellence in English technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
· Spanish not required
· MS or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent
· Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
· Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
· Experience in scaling and performance tuning of large systems
· Experience with AWS and other cloud technologies
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
¡No te pierdas nada!
Únete a la comunidad de wijobs y recibe por email las mejores ofertas de empleo
Nunca compartiremos tu email con nadie y no te vamos a enviar spamSuscríbete Ahora