We're a company of pioneers. It's our job to make bold bets and we get our energy from inventing on behalf of customers. Success is measured against the possible, not the probable. For today’s pioneers, that’s exactly why there’s no place on Earth they’d rather build than Amazon.
If you like solving hard problems and developing solutions that are highly scalable and high performing, that require minimal long term sustaining and development support, then you may be the pioneer we're looking for! Amazon Operations Technology is looking for a customer focused, detail oriented, experienced Software Development Engineer to join our Product Integration team. This team is responsible for all global core services and infrastructure within the Operations Technology space. Our systems support over 100,000 Amazonians and hundreds of thousands of IP enabled devices.
You'll be part of a world-class team in a fast-paced environment that has the entrepreneurial feel of a start-up. You'll be surrounded by people who are wickedly smart and believe that world class service is critical to customer happiness.
This is a technical leadership position. Technicians and engineers worldwide will look to you for mentorship, guidance and solutions to complex problems. Your peers will be software, systems and network engineers working to make the technology that supports our Fulfillment Centers and Transportation sites simple and efficient. In this role you will have the opportunity to design solutions to business problems that are truly unique to Amazon. We value performance, simplicity, and scalability in our designs. In our day-to-day work we focus on automation of complex tasks to allow our business to scale with customer demand.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will collaborate with other experienced and senior engineers to drive improvements to our technology, write code to build new services that enable self-service and automatic deployment and enrollment of devices, and do so securely. Your work will help provide the ultimate customer experience needed to anticipate and resolve customer's issues. You will have the opportunity to work with business partners, leadership and other engineers, influence and drive product vision and lead the design of our systems. At Amazon, we are known for our customer obsession. We need your ideas and your ability to take initiative, innovate, and produce results as we continuously improve the customer experience.As a Software Development Engineer working on the Product Integration team you will:
· Collaborate with experienced cross-disciplinary Amazonians to develop, design, and bring to market innovative devices and services
· Design and build innovative technologies in a large distributed computing environment and help lead fundamental changes in the industry
· Create solutions to run predictions on distributed systems with exposure to cutting edge technologies at incredible scale and speed
· Build distributed storage, index, and query systems that are scalable, fault-tolerant, low cost, and easy to manage/use
· Uphold a high standard of code quality and engineering excellence.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· 4+ years professional experience in software development
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Python, Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or 8+ years of equivalent professional experience
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
· Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
· Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Experience with the following technologies: Java, DynamoDB, SQS, Elastic Search, Native AWS tools, Cloud computing etc.
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical signs, and product strategy
· Understanding of Linux/UNIX, RADIUS, DHCP, TCP/IP, and deployment using AWS
· Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
· Experience with Information Security
· Experience building large-scale, fault-tolerant distributed system.
· Excellent interpersonal communication skills, ability to influence peers and cross-functional teams with technical merit
Últimas ofertas de Software Development
¿Conoces Capgemini? Somos una consultora tecnológica francesa, presentes a nivel mundial, ¡estamos en 44 países! Nacimos hace más de 50 años en Francia y poco a poco hemos ido creciendo hasta llegar a más de 200.000 personas en todo el mundo y...
Digital Talent Agency
Desde Zemsania Global Group seleccionamos un/a Salesforce developer con unos 2 años de experiencia mínima, para incorporarse a Zemsania en uno de nuestros principales clientes en un proyecto de larga duración. Se incorporará a un equipo de ambiente...