Our vision for Kindle is to make every book ever published, in any language, available for every customer in less than 60 seconds. The Kindle Store team plays a key role in making this vision happen by providing a shopping experience that help customers discover the next book to read.
We are looking for a creative, deeply technical and customer-obsessed Software Development Engineer to define and drive technology and architecture that defines the future of digital Shopping.
Customers shop for Kindle books from a variety of surfaces including desktops/laptops, Kindle eInk devices, Fire Tablets and phones, from mobile browser on their iOS phones and tablets and from Android devices. We provide shopping experiences for customer no matter where they are and what device they have. Each of these devices have different capabilities and form factors. We create services that provide consistent information while providing custom experience for the device the customer is using.
We are looking for a talented Software Development Engineer to provide technical leadership to architect, design and develop cutting edge technologies in the Kindle Store. This leader will have exposure to the full architecture of the Kindle Store Experience, and will have an opportunity to work on the most challenging problems through the full stack and across services. We are looking for a passionate, talented, and innovative SDE who enjoys solving difficult problems and delivering high-performance, highly-available, and extremely scalable systems. Software Development Engineers at Amazon have the opportunity to own and guide the team in the selection of services and APIs, caching mechanisms, latency goals, scaling for high transactions, innovate on new reading programs, and optimization of shopping experience for various form factors.
If you are a sharp, experienced software engineer with a creative flare with a solid computer science foundation, and a desire to be a leader in delivering the next generation technology, we want to talk with you.
Joining our team provides the unique challenge and opportunity to lead and develop cutting edge software that shapes the industry. The ideal candidate will draw upon exemplary analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills, and an entrepreneurial spirit with a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive. A proven record of making institutional contributions in software development practices and delivering lasting, large-scale systems is a must. The person must also be a strong leader who can drive consensus across cross-functional business and software development teams and be an excellent communicator who can articulate technical design tradeoffs with senior technical leaders.
This role will have a profound impact on millions of readers. Come help us reinvent shopping for books to read!
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering or in an equivalent discipline
· 2+ years of experience in designing and developing large-scale distributed systems, web frameworks, web services and web applications
· 2+ years of software development using Java, C++ or C#
· Hand-on experience with front-end technologies such as AJAX, jQuery, JSP, React, HTML and CSS
· Strong understanding of object oriented software design
· Able to operate and lead through ambiguity in a fast paced environment.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a proven ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
· Master's degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
· 3+ years of experience in designing and developing large-scale distributed systems, web frameworks, services and applications
· 3+ years of software development using Java, C++ or C#
· Extensive experience with front-end technologies such as AJAX, jQuery, JSP, React, HTML and CSS
· Hands-on experience with web frameworks and front-end technologies
· Hands-on experience with distributed algorithms, recommender systems, and reinforcement learning
· Familiarity with machine learning, and techniques for processing large datasets
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Últimas ofertas de Software Development
SIMPSON BOOTH LTD
We are seeking a Senior QA Automation to join a growing team responsible for both manual and automation focused testing with the aim of improving the test automation solution, designing automation frameworks and lead the implementation of test...
ELECTRONIC ARTS INC.
Requisition Number: 163843 Date Opened: 2021-01-26 We are EA! And we make games - how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is...