Book Depository - part of the Amazon.com group of companies, offers over 20 million book titles, a wide choice of payment currencies and free shipping to customers in over 130 countries worldwide. Book Depository aims to delight customers by constantly improving its pricing, delivery and shopping experience. Book Depository has teams in London UK (HQ), Madrid Spain (Engineering), South Africa (Customer Services) and Gloucester UK (Fulfilment Centre, Customer Services).
Come and join us in our development center in Madrid, Spain! We are searching for a smart, energetic, curious, and self-disciplined Software Development Engineer to define and deliver our efforts for our current and future Customers.
We are developing software to improve the Customer Experience of the Book Depository’s customers and to evolve our back and front-end services, tools and platforms to better reach to more customers worldwide. Projects span the definition of new customer-facing features, programs and services to the internal development of new systems, customization of existing systems, and integration of software developed by third parties.
At Book Depository, we look for software engineers who possess a wide variety of skills. As the successful applicant for this role, you will solve varied complex problems (including business prioritization, technical challenges in optimization, large-scale computing, distributed systems, web applications, scalability, security, and algorithms, to name just a few). At Book Depository is composed of many clever and generally awesome people, so you'll learn a huge amount - and have a lot of fun - in the process!
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering or in an equivalent discipline.
· 2+ years of experience in designing and developing large-scale distributed systems, web frameworks, web services and web applications.
· 2+ years of software development using Java, C++ or C#.
· Able to operate and lead through ambiguity in a fast paced environment.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a proven ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
· Master's degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
· 3+ years of experience in designing and developing large-scale distributed systems, web frameworks, services and applications.
· 3+ years of software development using Java, C++ or C#.
· Hands-on experience with web frameworks and front-end technologies.
· Hands-on experience with distributed algorithms, recommender systems, and reinforcement learning.
Últimas ofertas de Software Development
TransPerfect Is More Than Just a Job? Our greatest asset is our people, and nothing is more important to us than ensuring that everyone knows that. Each of our 90+ offices has its own individual identity, and each also has its own unique rewards. In...
Job Description Nombre técnico del perfil Desarrollador/ Arquitecto Front - Tecnología Angular Funciones a realizar Definición, desarrollo y evolución de los componentes principales de la Arquitectura Front , establecimiento de las buenas prácticas de...