The EU WW Continuous Improvement team (WWCI) is looking for a Software Development Engineer (SDE) who is excited about the opportunity to be a technical leader for a team that is building the next generation of cloud-powered real-time control systems.
The WWCI team is part of the Technology Engineering Services team, within the Technology Deployment Organization. The charter of the team is to identify defects and areas of improvement across a variety of globally deployed automation and robotic systems at Amazon Fulfillment network. The team owns internal software/hardware solutions on AWS for internal Amazon customers and are actively developing new products and services for these orgs.
The ideal candidate is passionate about software development and has a track record of leading design and implementation of new products and features. They should care about the user experience and be confident providing leadership on both back and front-end initiatives. The ability to mentor and lead a team to build well-architected software within a positive team environment are key to the role.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related technical discipline.
· 5+ years of professional experience as a Software Engineer Developer or Control Systems/Embedded Engineer
· Knowledge of at least one language for real-time control systems such as microcontroller, PLC or Industrial PC.
· Experience with building software solutions that leverage AWS services (e.g. S3, DynamoDB, EC2, ECS, SNS, SQS etc.)
· Strong Computer Science and development fundamentals, including object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis
· Experience with source control software (git) and continuous deployment / continuous integration systems such as Jenkins.
· Experience serving as technical lead throughout the full software development lifecycle, end-to-end, from scoping, planning, conception, design, implementation, and testing to documentation, delivery and maintenance.
· Creates reliable/maintainable code and finds creative and scalable solutions to difficult problems
· Knowledge of professional software engineering and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· English language fluency (written & verbal)
· Master’s degree or PHD in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related technical discipline.
· 8+ years of professional experience as a Software Engineer, Developer or Control Systems/Embedded Engineer
· Demonstrated proficiency in multiple modern programming languages, such as Java, Javacript, C++/C#, or Python
· Demonstrated proficiency in multiple languages for real-time control systems such as microcontroller, PLC/IPC.
· Demonstrated proficiency building software solutions that leverage AWS services (e.g. S3, DynamoDB, EC2, ECS, SNS, SQS, IoT, CloudFormation, ECS, Fargate, API Gateway, Cloudwatch, etc.)
· Demonstrated expertise in black box and grey box testing methodologies, experience with standard QA and development tools, and the ability to operate within short release cycles
· Experience communicating directly with users, software development teams, or management in order to share plans/vision or collect data (e.g. requirements) to drive product improvement
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical trials
Últimas ofertas de Software Development
Ubicado dentro del departamento de Analytics de la compañía, esta persona trabajará en un equipo multidisciplinar con los Data Analyst, Business Translators, y otros ingenieros del dato ubicados en el área de IT.<br><br><strong>¿Qué...
¿Quieres desarrollar tu carrera profesional allí donde hacemos realidad las ideaciones de nuestros clientes mediante el uso de las tecnologías más disruptivas y avanzadas del mercado? ¿Te encanta afrontar nuevos retos tecnológicos y liderar la...