Amazon Discovery Tech team is seeking a Software Development Engineer to join our team that is focused on building mission critical software used by Amazon customers. As a software engineer on the team, you will drive improvements to our technology, collaborating with sharp engineers and highly-engaged users to ship code continuously. We have many domains ranging from highly-scalable transactional backend systems, to complex optimization problems, to customer facing mobile apps, so if you love building world-class software of any type, most likely we have a place for you. We’re truly an agile shop: we work closely with users, deliver features with high frequency, can pivot on a dime when needed, and are passionate about test coverage, refactoring and paying off technical debt. We are looking for software development leaders who share our vision for continuously improving the customer experience, who are motivated by challenging problems in distributed systems, algorithms and who love writing great code.
As a software engineer on the team:
· You will contribute to technical strategies, vision, and architecture
· You will solve a breadth of technical problems involving applied science, back-end software engineering, and user interface development
· You will design and build software that is highly available, performant, scalable, and extensible
· You will influence quantitative algorithms used (e.g. machine learning, computer vision) to make recommendations
· You will design and build software to train models in collaboration with applied science
· You will work with user research and user experience design to build new customer experiences with appealing, intuitive, interactive, and responsive user interfaces
This opportunity is suited for highly motivated and talented software engineers who want to apply and grow their technical depth and breadth while defining and driving a new customer experience for Amazon Fashion. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, are deeply technical, highly innovative and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems, we want to talk to you.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent knowledge and skills and industry experience.
· 1+ years of professional experience developing production systems
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
· Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
· Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, Python, Scala, Ruby, etc.
· Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team, including design reviews, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience developing complex software systems that have been successfully launched to customers
· Experience driving operational improvements
· Experience working with cross-functional teams including communicating with other technical teams, product management, and senior management
· Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve code quality
· Track record of developing web services or other large-scale distributed systems
· Experience with front-end development
· Experience with machine learning and feedback loops
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
¡No te pierdas nada!
Únete a la comunidad de wijobs y recibe por email las mejores ofertas de empleo
Nunca compartiremos tu email con nadie y no te vamos a enviar spamSuscríbete Ahora