The Amazon Books and Kindle team in Madrid is looking for a Software Development Manager to lead development of core customer experiences on Kindle devices. Managers should be excited by the opportunity to build a diverse and high performing software development team with a mission to help the world read more and get more out of reading. We are builders working together to deliver a amazing reading experiences to our customers on the world's best devices for reading.
As a Software Development Manager, you will guide an engineering team to define, develop, deploy, and operate applications on devices of all types to deliver an immersive reading experience for our global customers. You will be responsible for building, maintaining, and organizing your team, diving deep on the technical skills required, defining technical strategy and product road map, and measuring key customer and operational excellence metrics.
A successful candidate will have a track record of building diverse and high performing teams that invent, build, and operate high quality software at scale in a global organization. The candidate will also be passionate about recruiting and retaining top talent, thrive while driving clarity in highly ambiguous technical environments, be skilled at developing long-term technical roadmaps, and have the technical depth and ability to guide and coach developers. This position also requires excellent project management skills, the ability to manage multiple priorities, great empathy and communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
In this role you will:
· Own the overall systems development life cycle of a key product.
· Manage and execute against project plans and delivery commitments.
· Manage the day-to-day activities of an engineering team in an agile environment.
· Work closely with engineers, product managers, UX designers, and others to design and architect products and technical solutions aligned with the goals and vision of Amazon Books and Kindle.
· Manage departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, and growing the careers of a best-in-class engineering team.
· Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management.
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, deep technical expertise, know how to deliver, are highly innovative, and looking for the opportunity to build great teams that invent pioneering solutions to meaningful problems, we want to talk with you.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
· 5+ years experience building production software systems or applications.
· 3+ years of people management experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
· Experience building customer facing technology products.
· Experience building product on consumer devices.
· Masters or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering
· A love of books
¡No te pierdas nada!
Únete a la comunidad de wijobs y recibe por email las mejores ofertas de empleo
Nunca compartiremos tu email con nadie y no te vamos a enviar spamSuscríbete Ahora