Are you excited by the opportunity to build a diverse and high performing software development team? Do you like the idea of seeing your work impact tens of millions of customers? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in!
Amazon's TechHub in Madrid is looking for an analytical and technically skilled Software Development Manager who can join our team and be at the forefront of revolutionizing the way we look at our business. In Madrid we are over 1,000 people from more than 70 different nationalities across our different technology teams: International Technology, which delivers cutting-edge engineering from front-end customer experience to back-end service technology for a wide number of Amazon teams; Amazon Business, which focuses on creating solutions and features tailored to the needs of professionals, small and large businesses and institutions; and Kindle & reading Technology, which builds new products and services to discover, buy, read and listen to novels, non-fiction and technical books, articles, comic books, and all other forms of reading.
We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented Software Development Manager who has experience building mission-critical, high volume applications that customers love. You will lead, design, architect, and implement cutting edge products used every day, by people you know.
As a Software Development Manager, you will guide an engineering team to define, develop, deploy, and operate large-scale applications and distributed cloud services to deliver an immersive experience for our customers. You will be responsible for building, maintaining, and organizing your team, defining your technical strategy and product roadmap, and defining, measuring, and reporting on your key performance and operational excellence metrics.
A successful candidate will have a track record of building diverse and high performing teams that invent, build, and operate high quality software at scale in a global organization. The candidate will also be passionate about recruiting and retaining top talent, thrive while driving clarity in highly ambiguous technical environments, be skilled at developing long-term technical roadmaps, and have the technical depth and ability to guide and coach developers. This position also requires excellent project management skills, great empathy and communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
* Strong experience managing software engineering teams and developing technical direct reports (performance review communication, accountability, motivation/engagement)
* 5+ years' experience professionally developing software in an Object Oriented Programming (OOP) language like Java, C++, C# or Scala
* 5+ years of people management experience
* Strong design, architecture, and problem solving skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
* Solid grounding in Computer Science fundamentals
* Excellence in English technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
* Spanish not required
* Masters or Ph.D. in Computer Science, or related discipline.
* Experience managing software development efforts in distributed systems and/or developing large scale applications using Agile methodologies.
* A deep understanding of software development lifecycle, and a track record of shipping production quality software on time
* The ability to operate production applications at scale with high availability utilizing operational excellence best practices
* Deep experience in web technologies and creating compelling mobile experiences using these technologies.
* Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Últimas ofertas de Engineering Manger
Esplugues de Llobregat, ES
Sevilla y alrededores, ES