Amazon’s Compensation team is seeking a Senior Compensation Consultant to provide compensation guidance and support to our Amazon Web Services (AWS) business across EMEA. At Amazon, our businesses continue to grow and expand because of our customer focus, innovative technologies, and world class operations. Driving all of our businesses are talented employees who are strong owners, have the highest standards, and obsess over our customers.
As a Sr. Compensation Consultant, you will be responsible for supporting the compensation needs of the AWS organization in EMEA through both analytical and consultant services. The incumbent will work directly with the HR leadership, and Management to achieve system objectives and provide hands-on assistance related to all areas of compensation analysis.
We are looking for candidates who have the aptitude to understand our complex data, and be detailed and accurate from start to finish in developing programs and completing projects. The successful candidate will proactively partner with client-facing HR Business Partners and HR Management along with Business leadership to identify and address compensation issues, and evangelize Amazon’s Total Compensation Philosophy and Strategy to the clients supported. This position is expected to represent the client’s point-of-view in key corporate compensation initiatives and the corporate point-of-view with client groups.
Specific duties to include:
· Work with on a variety of projects including program design, analysis, budgeting, and implementation of new programs.
· Provide regional compensation leadership across the EMEA
· Perform deep analysis on effectiveness and competitiveness of existing compensation programs and model potential impact of alternatives and future programs.
· Partner with regional and global compensation partners on compensation issues, and work on a variety of special compensation projects as needed.
· Provide guidance to the business and develop creative solutions on a variety of total compensation issues including the setting of appropriate pay levels, base pay, annual incentive pay and stock compensation.
· Consult with business on job evaluations using market data and internal evaluation.
· Document processes and build compensation playbooks.
· Partner with the business to develop variable incentive compensation programs, as needed.
· Conduct custom surveys with key industry contacts, as needed.
· Partner with the Benefits Program Managers to support implementation and communications of benefits programs and strategy.
· Work with HRIS to ensure that PeopleSoft, MarketPay, and other corporate system to meet compensation needs and is updated to reflect programmatic changes.
· The position will also be responsible for supporting the strategy, design, policies, guidelines, and operationalization of a key concept critical to the foundation of a specific compensation program. Works to gain alignment with different constituencies and represents a common point of view across multiple stakeholders.
· solid experience in finance, compensation, or consulting with an in-depth knowledge of core compensation terminology and best practices.
· Extremely strong analytical and quantitative skills and a track record for planning, doing and auditing work. Highly detail driven with emphasis on accuracy, coupled with the ability to see the broader picture.
· General compensation knowledge required including compliance with country laws/CBAs that apply to the plans.
· Strong problem solving, communication, and presentation skills. The ideal candidate will be well organized and confident to work independently but will be a strong team player.
· Ability to create dynamic tools and models to interpret and analyze data. Ability to connect disparate data sources and operationalize tasks. Comfortable with large data sets.
· The ability to work independently, take on responsibility, and be nimble in a fast-paced, change-oriented environment.
· Strong writing skills
· Highly proficient in Excel; familiar with Peoplesoft.
· Experience enhancing and/or implementing compensation systems and reporting tools
· Ability to work effectively with all levels of employees within the organization
· Secondary, beyond English, language proficiency highly preferred
· Proficiency in Excel Macros; familiarity with SQL, Power BI, Power Pivot and Tableau experience is preferred.
· A Bachelor’s degree is required. Graduate degree preferred.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Redpiso Grupo Inmobiliario y Financiero
Mollet del Vallès, ES
NTT DATA Services
Bluecap Management Consulting
Madrid y alrededores, ES
Santiago de Compostela, ES